Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Know You Want One

You know, round and flat.
Not very aero unless you look at it sideways.
Sort of.
My Friend Hoku(MFK), formerly the eVil one, is a procurer of all things bicycle.
He is the only one I know who presently is in possession of more bicycles than I.
How many I'm  not sure, all I know is that it's more than four.
So  anyways, I was over at MFK's house a while back and tossed me this:




















Cyclobag!
I can always use another bicycle bag, especially one that's frame mounted.
Not your usual bicycle type bag, for it came from lands far away:















You gotta hand it to the Japanese for being so practical, yet stylish.
Sort of.
It's an interesting bag for it also comes with a shoulder strap so you can carry it like a messenger bag or use it like a backpack.
Great!
Well, kind of.
The thing is, it's sort of round:



















Now if I could mount it in back, like off the back of my saddle, then it might look cool.
Sort of like one of them spare tire thingys off a '56 T-bird.
No, this one mounts in front, like on yer handlebars.
It has a top loading compartment, the bungy thingys for like Frisbees for something, and if you have a really expensive Frisbee, you can use the front compartment to protect it:














So this bag mounts on the handlebars, not exactly great for cutting through the wind.
On the other hand, it may make a great fairing.
You know, I could crouch down in front of it while descending some hills raising my average speed by like 15 miles per hour!
Or not.
Sort of looks like I got a giant Oreo hanging up front.
Okay, lemme just it: it looks goofy.
With a capital G.
Goofy.
I mean there's not too many round things I carry around with me.
It's not large enough to carry a spare and it sits upright so pizza storage won't work either.
Well, unless it's frozen pizza.
Still, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak, and I won't knock it until I try it:


















To tell you the truth, the pancake bag doesn't look half bad!
In a pancake sort of way.
Okay, it still looks goofy, but not goofy with a capital G.
I mean if anyone can do goofy but make it look cool it's the Japanese.
They got the market cornered on Cool Goofy(CG).
In fact I'll bet that if I ride around with this bag long enough, everyone, no, EVERYONE! will want one!
Just so they can be Cool Goofy(CG) too.
Maybe.

3 comments:

rlove2bike said...

You have me sold on the Vanilla Cream on the page header...not so sure on the bag though. :-)

TrevorW�� said...

A giant Oreo Eh! Now your talking....

-Trevor

limom said...

rlove2bike, just think of all the great conversations and new people you'll meet! I swear that bag is going to my answer to speed dating!

Trevor, I was at the store eyeballing the Oreos and NutterButters.
Lemme tell you, being fat ain't easy.