Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reminders

Souvenirs even.
To tell you the truth, I've been so busy lately with you know what that I still haven't had time to really think about my epic rain drenched ride last Sunday.
I do have a few reminders:


















Here's what the back of my jersey looked like.
Actually it looks kinda clean, maybe the rain washed some of the mud off.
I'm telling you, my legs, my arms, and my face were like all splashed with mud!
Following my brother's wheel was my only shelter from the hurricane force winds we faced once we made the turn at the top of the island.
It wasn't a down pour sort of rain, it was just enough to keep the streets damp and the mud flying.
Lemme tell you, it made stopping a heart stopping experience:





















You can see all the dirt from the brake dust that accumulated and dripped down the fork.
I don't know why I even bothered with the brakes, as they felt like they weren't even there when it was wet.
I did learn how to hold a wheel without braking though, so I guess that was a good thing.
Later, when it dried out though, I was cringing every time I grabbed the levers as them pads were grinding against the braking surface something awful!
Scrreeedgggeeddd!
Or something like that.
I also have this persistent rattle coming from the front end of my bicycle.
Riding around for fifty eight miles with that rattle wasn't fun either let me tell you.
It sounds like the headset but I got that tightened down pretty good but I'm gonna take it apart and check just to make sure.
I had an extra o-ring thingy when we put the headset together, though I can't imagine what could be making that horrific boomshakalaka.
As you can see, I need to clean my bicycle up anyways.
It's got a film of grime on it about two inches thick!
Okay, not really.
It is pretty darn dirty though.
My bicycle, not my mind.
Though, sometimes..nevermind.
As far as that other thing goes, the Something Wonderful, expect and announcement soon!
I think we're almost ready to go public.
Maybe.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

A rattle on the bike can drive you insane...!!

limom said...

You know, looking at my bicycle now, I wonder if it could be the cables slapping the downtube?
Yes, insane it is!