Thursday, July 11, 2013

Late Edition

I'm telling you, I gotta stop eating them roast pork plates.
They're kinda like narcotics cause every time I eat one, I need to sleep.
Which I did.
Today.
After lunch.
Then I woke up.
Feeling really guilty that I ate that plate lunch.
So off I went!
About a mile out, wouldn't you know it I got a flat:



















I was right on the side of the highway.
Actually, I can't believe it's been this long, I mean the roads and sidewalks and paths I ride on are strewn with glass.
Fifteen minutes later, I was back on the er, sidewalk.
I mean the bicycle lane.
I mean the sidewalk.
Okay, I was off and on the bicycle lane cause I was taking pictures along the way.
To the harbor.
I mean I was on my way to the harbor.
Sort of.


















Mainly I wanted to get pictures of the golfball boat.
Except the road has these fence thingys up so you can't really get a good angle:

















I was supposed to go back and reshoot that picture later, on the way back, but I forgot.
Next time.
Sunset:

















Folks fish off of this part of the uh, pier.
Actually to the right and to the left of this are docks for the sunset cruise ships.
They were just coming back when I took this:

























Evidence that there are actually fish to be caught.
Here's the artsy version:

















Over there on the right is Sand Island.
I went a bit further along where I found some folks digging a hole in the road.
I took some pictures there but didn't stay too long cause the smell was like horrendous!
Words cannot describe the odor.
I was glad to get out of there and back to Aloha Tower.
Where I took like six long exposure shots all out of focus:

























I swear, I don't know what the hell is wrong with me!
It's okay though, I didn't like the composition too much anyways.
Bicycle and tower shot:

















Just fooling around and that shot comes out okay.
Maybe I'm trying too hard.
If you know what I mean.
It was sort of slow at Aloha Tower, so I was able to get this:

























If you squint yer eyeballs, you can see that it was getting a bit late so I headed on back.
I got some good looks at some places I want to go back to.
Riding around at night wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, as long as I plan my route and stick to some sidewalks.
Two more weeks then I gotta go back to work.
Hopefully I can get a couple o'more night rides in.
Weather permitting.

2 comments:

RANTWICK said...

I like that tower shot at the end a lot. I'm not going to talk about my flat free streak... damn.

limom said...

Thanks!
I can't believe I lasted this long with out a puncture!
There's all kinds of crap on the roads here.
In fact, I had a flat on my car a few weeks back.