Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Kingdom

Of sorts.
At least that's the way I think of it.
Finally I get my own classroom.
If you, the reader, have been following along at home, you know that last year I shared two classrooms, being something of a floater type person.
This year I start with a brand new room.
Well brand new to me anyways.
It was previously a social studies room so there are some remnants and traces like old books and maps and other things.
I did my best today to take some of that stuff down.
Even though today was an all day seminar type thing extolling the virtues of the newest bestest strategies and assessments plans the government and the private sector have to offer.
The school I work at is undergoing restructuring so we have a contractor helping us get better.
If you know what I mean.
Back to My Kingdom (MK).
Actually Flat Tire Land is MK, so let's call the classroom My Small Kingdom (MSK).
The kind maintenance folks delivered my desks and chairs, even though they weren't supposed to be available until the middle of next month:



















It's a mixed bag, but what the hell, I wasn't expecting Ikea.
Sort of.
I still have a long way to go turning this into a mecca of photography, but the serfs don't arrive until Monday so I've got a bit of time.
I need to redo the bulletin boards and arrange the shelves and take down more of those reminder thingys and clean up some and well, you get the idea.
My office is about the same:

























I'm undecided about whether or not to keep it nice and tidy or turn it into a mini homage to myself since you know, I'm pretty awesome.
Sort of.
I thought I'd be needing to make a trip to the office supply place but I'm pretty much good to go.
The way I set up MSK is dependent on what I do this year, which at this time is still up in the air.
I've decided to do something different, not that last year was bad, but because I think I can do better.
I also have the Photo 2 kids, so I'll need to come up with some really torturous lesson plans in order to keep them engaged.
Thats' the fun part.
The torturous lesson planning I mean.
Anyways, tomorrow is more meetings then I got the rest of the week to design and decorate.
Then I can sit back and wait for my computers and stuff to come in.
Which won't be for a while.
Which means I'll have to wing it.
Which means I'll have to call upon all my Jedi Skilz to make the first weeks of school interesting.
Which means I'll actually have to work.
Maybe.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Would an actual throne be going too far?

limom said...

A plush diamond tuck high back leather throne with recline and foot rest.
Maybe.
Next year, when I'm done with probation.
I don't think I get a crown though.