Monday, July 1, 2013

Wrong Way, New Old Project

I forgot to mention that yesterday, somewhere along the line I broke a spoke.
Actually I could feel the rear brakes pulsating but I just thought the rim was bit out of whack.
Well, I had started down the Road to Perdition (RTP) when I swear it felt like my rear tire went flat.
Okay, not really.
It wasn't flat, it was just me, but that's when I found the failed spoke.
Today was repair day:

























There's my wonky camera locking focus on the wrong place.
Again.
So anyways, if you've been following along at home you, the reader,  know that I've been breaking spokes ever since I got this bicycle.
Which isn't too unusual since everything is still original on this circa early nineties Rockhopper.
Luckily I bought some extras the last time this happened.
Spokes I mean:














Replacing the spoke was no problem.
While the bicycle was upside down I discovered something else:  my front tire was put on the wrong way!
You know, the tread pattern is directional and for some odd reason I never noticed the front tire was actually going backwards!
No wonder I'm so slow!
All this time I've been riding around the tires have been fighting themselves!
It's a wonder I got the bicycle to move at all!
Must be the reason why riding into the wind felt like I was going backwards.
Well I fixed the tire so now I'll be setting some personal records.
While rummaging the ole Man Chest I found this:



















My stash of presta valve stem caps.
Including the awesome black ones with the Swarovski crystals.
Oh yeah.
I may need some Unobtainable Lightness of Roundness worthy of wearing them.
Anyways, I was thinking about all the places I've been and things I've done on the bicycle.
I've documented most of that on this here blog, and I got a GAGILLION pictures on Picasa but none on hand.
They aren't even on my hard drive.
So, if you remember I started this photo project a while back:



















Basically I'm pasting my images on a 20"x30" foam core board, later I'll put the boards together to make a mural thingy.
Well I decided to go back into The Flat Tire Archives (TFTA) and make a mural with all my old blog pictures!
I think it will be cool to have all those old pictures showing my old bicycles and places I went and stuff hanging on the wall.
One board holds 30 images and I'm pretty sure I can put at least 3 or 4 of them together.
We'll see how this goes.
Stay tuned.

No comments: