Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Furry Update!

Or fuzzy update!
Or hairy.
Or something.
So based upon my evaluation of the made in Spain mainly on the plain squirrel hair brushes, I hastened to equip myself further with their smooth, soft, furry goodness.
For what I do, these brushes rock!
Seriously.
I mean I don't know what the hell I was doing using all them cheap(free) brushes before, but now I'm on a squirrel hunting mission!
Okay, not really.
There's no squirrels around these parts and I don't know what I'd do with one if by luck I happened to bag one.
Luckily, there's some folks in Spain that make their living doing the squirrel shearing and making these brushes that are full of awesomeness.
So anyways, I ordered me a couple more of them, bigger ones:



Okay, I like ordering stuff from Dick Blick and all, they do have like gobs of artsy fartsy stuff to ogle, but it bothers me that they keep shipping me stuff in these boxes when a nice first class envelope would have performed just as well.
Since I'm on a craft fair mission, I got suckered into using two day air and the sticker that came on the box was pretty cool:



Rush is a pretty cool band, I saw them live in concert way back in another life, and the running dude reminds me of this:



Which reminded me of my days of all nighters at the studio at school(see the connection?).
It also reminded me of the AOL person who would endlessly run somewhere while my dial up connection struggled to keep up with my useless searches.
Except my dude glows in the dark:



Well, besides the over sized box, I'm also concerned about the little fellas that gave up their winter coats just so that I can make art foo-foos.
I mean somewhere in Spain, there's got to be some cold, shivering squirrels taking Rogain or something trying to get their winter coats back.
Or maybe the fur is taken without permission, kidnapped squirrels that are drugged, shaved, then left on the streets to their own devices.
I suppose you must be careful exactly which squirrels you do this to for I've heard that those Basque Separatist Squirrels(BSS) are an aggressive bunch:



So anyways, hopefully these small furry creatures who have sacrificed their dignity so that I may work better and faster have some kind of pension plan.
Or maybe they can organize and strike for more pay and benefits.
Or more nuts.
Or something.
Then again, they ain't exactly sables.
Now them sable brushes, that's a whole 'nother story.

2 comments:

Oldfool said...

Them squirrels was et. Yum. Stewed is best.

Isn't working with quality tools a pleasure.
I know your joy.

limom said...

Okay, that was too much information.
Stewed squirrel is just too much guilt for me to handle.
Unless I'm actually eating some.
Maybe.
No, I prefer my fuzzy fantasy.