Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Early Edition

So I got up bright and early today to get started on my craft fair thing.
Okay, not really.
I was tired, probably from the massive effort of yesterday's ride, so I slept in a bit.
The tire thing was really bothering me, so I decided to take another look at those Conti Sport Contacts I had gathering dust in the corner.
The reason I don't use them is that although they're supposed to be like 37s, I lose about a half inch in height and they actually measure out smaller:



Once I get them on, well, it's sort of like putting 26ers on your road bike:



It just looks sort of goofy and we all know, image is everything.
Oh, and I was finally able to use my new Park Tools tape measure:



I don't know why, but no one else seems to make metric tape measures.
Well, I suppose they have them in Europe or something, but I didn't check like Stanley UK.
Anyways, the Park tape was cheap.
Evil eBay, don't you know.
A while back I started to receive Maxim magazine in the mail. I don't know how I got it, they just started appearing out of the blue.
I promise.
So anyways, I never bothered to read them, or even look inside them.
I promise.
One of the issues became a bicycle tool of sorts:



When I took the old chain off of the Lanikai Express, I used it as a chain holder. It's been doing great in the three or four months since.
Actually, more like five.
Months I mean.
I guess I should throw it out or move it.
Or something.
Talking about tools, I think it's time for a new bicycle tool box:



I got that little gem for five bucks at the local store which will soon become a nationally recognized big box retailer.
I thought it would be enough to hold my bike crap, but I can't even close it now.
Not that I bother.
Closing it, I mean.
So anyways, I have some tire issues to think about and it's about time I get out to the gar-, uh, studio and fire up the ceramic wheel thingy and get busy.
I'm on a craft fair mission.
Hopefully, I get in a short ride later.
Maybe even check out some cactus at the plant place.
Or look for a new tool box at the tool box place.
Or something.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Limom that is a very nice chain holder you've got there. I believe that the glossy cover will convey a protective coating to the chain over time, preventing it from rusting or gathering abrasive particles. In addition, the ink is known to have longevity enhancing characteristics for the metal--oh, forget it, she's hot.

limom said...

If you think that's hot, you should see my other chain.