Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In Other News...

Well the new colors I got came out okay.
I'm having a hard time matching color to form, something that's usually not very difficult to do:



I'm gonna have to practice a bit more to see what works and what doesn't.
My box of glazes is growing, I don't know if that's a good thing:



So last night, I was doing the Chain-l No.5 thing to my chain and I remembered that I had worn out my gloves.
Okay, not really worn out, but the leather palms ripped, probably because of the massive amounts of perspiration I generate when riding my bike at breakneck speeds:



I was sort of bummed when I ripped them for I kinda liked them Giro Monaco gloves; you can't beat that funky leather smell!
So that means another thing on my shopping list.
Speaking of shopping, I was checking Craigslist today and found this:



Bridgestone OX-3 he said it was though I don't think those are the original bars. Boy, I was thinking about it for a bit even though he was asking a little high for me, like $275, but it was looking good until I found out it rides on 26ers.
I'm still sort of thinking about it though.
While I was on CL, I also found this:



It's a bamboo bong.
Any inferences you make are strictly your own.
It was in the Art section don't you know.
Speaking of art(again!), I was thinking that I only post up the nice stuff to show off here.
The truth is, I make some pretty crappy stuff too, though not lately.
So for your viewing enjoyment, I decided to dig up all the rejected stuff I have collecting dust for an Online Rejects Show(ORS).
Not everything makes it to the shard pile!
Finally, I got me some tires!
Yay!
Okay, not really.
I mean they aren't here yet, but they are on the way.
What did I end up getting?
Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Steve A said...

I think he bought Tracy W's Michelins.

Where is the mystic unglazed spot on those items in the top photo?

Oldfool said...

Why would one wear gloves to ride a bicycle in Hawai'i?
Why would one wear gloves to ride a bicycle if is not cold. Or drive a car for that matter. My wife didn't even wear them to drive a semi.
Back when I wore pants a lot a man once told be that the only thing a man could do well with gloves on is piss his pants. Took me a while but I finally got it one day when wearing button Levis.
I like the colors.
Join the "Slow Bicycle Movement".

limom said...

Steve A., No, I did not purchase this Tracy person's Michelins.
Decision 2010 will be revealed soon.
Oh, and the mystical spot is reserved only for "special" things.

Oldfool,
I wear gloves while riding a bike,
or sometimes if I'm on a trike.
I do not wear gloves
if I'm here or there,
I do not wear gloves if I'm in a chair.
I do not wear gloves while in a car,
I do not wear gloves while at the bar.
I do not wear gloves near the ocean,
or even when I'm taking a potion.
I do not wear gloves when in a box,
I do not wear gloves if I see a fox.
I do not wear gloves while at the store,
I think I'll stop now from being a bore.
Flat Tire man, I am.