Saturday, February 5, 2011

Adjustments, Weird Tree Event

I continue to fiddle with the seating position on the Bianchi.
Let me tell you, it's been a game of rise and reach, raise and lower, tilt this way and that way, sometimes even finding that the original position worked better.
It's like taking crazy pills!
This week, I got in a 60mm stem, branded Origin 8:



As far as I know, Origin 8 is an English company that imports stuff from the Far East. They got some nice stuff, as evidenced by the carbon fork I got on my 29er.
Still, I was surprised to see this:



Seems like a lot of trouble to rebrand a Kalloy stem when you got Kalloy stems floating around all over the creation!
At least have Kalloy stamp that thing with your own company's name.
So anyways, I put the stem on last night but the quill is sort of on the longish side so I got more rise than I bargained for.
A good inch more.
The hoods were a lot closer, I think maybe too close.
So.
So, I guess I'm going to look for an 80mm or 70mm stem and try them out.
As the stem turns, so to speak.
Good news is my seat has found a nice position:



If you look closely, you can see the seat is tilted slightly down in the front.
I had that thing at even, but it was causing me some discomfort, especially when getting down on the hoods or in the drops.
Adjusting it with the tilt actually works for the seat flexes so much, it evens out when weighted.
Took me a while to figure that one out.
I finally got in them adjuster thingys from Hungary:



Now it's all nice and symmetrical, I don't ride around all crooked and leaning to one side.
The Celeste Devil is riding great!
Well, except for that long cage derailleur.
It's slowing me down don't you know.



Well, I got a line on some new wheels, hopefully I'll have them ordered by next week.
I'm sort of stuck on black hubs or silver hubs, I'll have to see what kind of group set is available so that they match.
More on that later.
Lastly, here's something strange I saw the other day at school.
Some kind of weird tree event:



Notice how none of the other branches are moving?
Even the branches on the tree on the lower right are still.
Couldn't figure out what was making those branches move like there was some kind of breeze.
Or something.

6 comments:

RANTWICK said...

That tree was trying to reach out and hug you.

RANTWICK said...

It was a tree hugger.

Steve A said...

Its amazing the things we notice on occasion...

Big Oak said...

That tree might be from the Tree-beard clan.

John Romeo Alpha said...

That tree is laughing at me.

limom said...

It occurred to me that maybe some sort of jet stream was coming up from the freeway below, but then why weren't some other branches moving?
Also the other tree in the lower right was still as can be.
Very odd indeed.
I may have to go in for a closer look.