Monday, February 7, 2011

Mystery Solved! or I'm Incredibly Stupid and Blind(IISAB)

Hang on to your hats!
This is the only time you are going to read this!
I am incredibly stupid and blind!
Okay, not really.
About the only time you are going read this I mean.
I'm almost positive I'll have to admit my ignorance again.
Stay tuned.
So anyways, the Great Tree Mystery(TGTM) is solved!
By yours truly, Sherlock Flat.
Tire.
Actually, the minute my eyeballs saw the "big picture," I knew what it was.
Ever like lose something only to find it was like right in front of your nose?
Sorta like hiding in plain sight?
Well, that's what sorta happened with those moving tree branches.
Seems like I was so focused on the branches, the reason for the movement was like right in front of me!
First, the original video was shot off the second floor. If you go back to look at it, you can see how focused I was on the movement of the branches only.
This was shot off the third floor:



You, the viewer, can hear the first bell ringing at the end of the video.
I gotta say, I'm pretty embarrassed by all this.
Okay, I sort of want to crawl off somewhere and hide until like next year.
I mean I can't believe I was so freakin blind!
Okay, to be honest I thought that concrete thingy housed like transformers or something, but when I saw it this morning, I knew it had to be the source of the anomaly.
Or stupidity.
Whatevers.



In a weak defense, I had never bothered to look into that bunker thingy from above, and the angle of the first video is from farther back.
Which should have made it even more obvious.
So obvious I was oblivious.
Hey! I made an alliteration!
So anyways, there you go.
The not so mysterious mystery is no longer well, mysterious.
Boy, I'm such a moran.

4 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Since I once made and posted a video of a balloon rolling around on a similar ventilation-related construction, I feel a certain level of solidarity with you and your waving tree phenomenon.

limom said...

I was thinking today on my ride, maybe it wasn't a good idea to post up the source of the mysterious tree thingy.
I mean, some things are just better left unknown.
Your balloon video was cool!
My video was just lame.
I shall strive to make up for it!

Steve A said...

Actually, I sorta regret seeing THIS post after the first one! Mystery is rather cool.Still, I appreciate the honesty.

[expel]

limom said...

Journalistic integrity prevailed!
Oh well, I guess I can always stage some crop circles.
Or something.