Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Great Celeste Devil Makeover Challenge

The damage is done.
Sort of.
I mean it's been done, but not yet done.
If you know what I mean.
Okay, the group set is on stand by at your friendly internetwebz bike shop, awaiting further instructions.
It is not yet ready for deployment.
If you've been following along at home, you, the reader, know that I've put a tremendous amount of thought and energy into choosing The Group Set(TGS).
I waffled back and forth between ten speed and eleven speed and vaporware infinity speed, but today I made the move.
Phew!
Boy, it feels pretty good!
Now I just gotta wait for that big package to arrive at my door step, attach said shiny parts and go.
Go off and multiply!
Or something.
I gotta say, there was a last minute thingamabob that came up that nearly wrecked this whole endeavour, something called Athena which for some reason I overlooked.
I had Chorus eyeballs there, blinded by the glory and quest for Poseur status.
Athena it seems, comes in an alloy version, the version I wanted, and also happens to have eleven gears.
I tell you, now I know how folks felt when ten speed came out!
Like that new Shimano ten speed mountain bike stuff.
That though, is another story.
Boy, I was thinking and thinking and thinking and thinking.
Didn't get to sleep last night.
Okay, not really.
About the sleep part.
Tough decision it was.
It was like I had two groups on each side of the fence a tugging and a pulling me, two little devils on each shoulder whispering sweet shiftings in my ears.
The stress this was causing made me feel a bit like Linda Blair!



Ah yes, the demons have been exorcised, the credit card information has been given, phase one of the Great Celeste Devil Makeover Challenge(GCDMC) has begun!
From mild mannered passive little bike, to a crime fighting, more rapid than a speeding bullet soul crushing Poseur Bike!
In three easy steps.
Want to turn your old bike into a Screaming Shiny Poseur Bike?
Buy my video!
I show you how!
Have your credit card ready when you call 1-800-ALLSHOW.
Call now!
I'm standing by!
Okay, not really.
About me standing by.
In the end, it all came down the shifters.
Alloy or carbon?




Ultra Shift or Poseur, I mean Power Shift?
I was forced to make an executive decision and I did it dangnammit!
The group set is in a holding pattern though.
At least until tomorrow or the weekend.
Just one more tiny detail to be ironed out before it's sent across the ocean to grace the Celeste Devil.
One.
More.
Thing.
Oh, and what group set did I get?
Of course I went with the-

4 comments:

Steve A said...

I think he got SRAM Red!

limom said...

I would tell you, but then what would make you want to keep coming back?

TrevorW�� said...

All this tension is really getting to me..! I am checking the Flat Tire blog every 20 mins to find out what group set won through.I have become a physical shaking wreck of a roadie - I really NEED to know..!! I am not even supposed to be looking at this screen but I NEEEEEEED to know...!!!!

limom said...

Consider this part of your rehabilitation.
Then again, save your eyeballs, nothing's happening here for at least another week.
Well, just the usual stuff.