Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Final

Super Sunday turned out not so super.
I was hoping to get a semi-epic ride in, heading off to places no Bianchi has gone before, but the weather did not cooperate.
It was overcast here with rain that was falling off and on so with the game on I decided to stay in and watch Law & Order.
I also ate some Doritos.
My fingers got all orange.
I didn't really pay attention to the game, though I did manage to see the Packers get that pick six in the second quarter during a commercial break, but I still don't know who won.
Guess I'll read about it tomorrow.
I saw some balloons doing battle the other day:



Looks like GB won that one.
Also last week, I came across this on my ride:



I have to admit, the tinker in me looked at some of those gas kits online.
First time I've ever seen one close up.
I talked to the person who rode off on it for a bit, distracting me from taking more pictures. It did look really cool though and was not as loud as I thought it would be.
The engine is clamped on to the frame and you can see the expansion chamber pipe going behind the seat area.
The gas powered part runs independent of the pedal powered part and uses a real clutch for engagement. The throttle is twist type on the right side, just like a real gas powered two wheel vehicle.
I liked the old school look.
Since the weather was all ugly outside, I contemplated, just for a second, about getting some work done, since now I have one of these:



It's a clay slab roller, on loan/storage from My Friend Kyle(MFK) since he had to move out all his clay stuff from where it was collecting dust.
He doesn't do much slab work.
Working slabs is a nice change from just making round thingys all the time. When I had access to slab roller at school, I did some cube thingys and some square vases.
I have some other forms I want to play with, and now that the slab thingy is in my gara- uh, studio, I guess I should get going.
Boxes are fun to make:



That one has been sitting around for three years waiting for me to put a wooden handle on it.
It has some compartments in it I was supposed to flock with that felt looking stuff:



It's been like two months since I last touched the clay, so I'm starting to get the feeling again.
Sort of.
I'm down to my last three bicycle type mugs so I suppose I should make some more.
I could use them to fund the New Poseur Bike(NPB) and the little doodads I know I'll be needing.
My evil eBay watch list is getting quite longish.
I guess I need to get it into gear!
Maybe.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

It's refreshing to read that you also get rain and overcast days in that warm and sunny part of the world in which you reside.

limom said...

Well, it can't be like sunny and wonderful ALL the time.
That just wouldn't be fair.
Rain is good.
Like they say, at least the plants won't die.