Friday, June 22, 2012

Tower of Power

Great band!
Famous for their horn section, I saw them live in a small venue way back in another life.
I grew up with bands like Tower of Power and Chicago and Average White Band, and sort of miss that "fat" sound.
I'd bust out the ole fold up record player and sit and listen and watch that vinyl spin round, and round, and round, and round...
You get the idea.



Oh yeah!
I love me some horns!
Not what this is about though.
I'm talking about the real Tower of Power:



















That's right bureaucracy fans!
City Hall!
My first time there.
Since I never had any business with the city.
Well, I've had business with the city, just not up close and personal business.
If you know what I mean.
So our little group was scheduled to meet with certain city representatives concerning our little event, you know, to make sure we got our tees crossed and eyeballs dotted.
The police department folks weren't there as I'm sure they were busy doing police stuff, but the fire department, bus folks, City Bicycling dude and street closure dude were all there.
Believe it or not, the street closing place takes up the whole freakin second floor!
Now I'm not exactly sure how many streets are being closed right now this minute, but really, the whole floor?
I can just see our paper work going around, and around, and around, and around...
Well, you get the idea.
I gotta say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Mostly I think it's because of my Boy Scout/Worst Case Scenario type of planning so we had most of the important things covered.
The street closure dude was also encouraging and helpful, again not what I expected.
On the other hand, there's a lot o'stuff we have to turn into him in order to get our permit approved, so I better get on it.
In other news, we got another grant approved!
In other news, we are still about ten grand short.
So I better get on it.
We are 65 days out and that finish line is coming up fast.
More on finish lines later.
Maybe.

No comments: