Friday, June 18, 2010

Getting Hammered

Last night, I did some work with Photoshop, putting different colors on the frame.
Boy, some colors do not a bicycle make:



There were a couple of colors I thought would work so off to the hardware store I went. The thing is, some of the colors were only available in a satin or flat finish.
No good.
In the end, I pretty much only had one choice.
Back at home, I started to tape everything up.
I couldn't remove the headset thingys, so I just used masking tape on the races.
Then a spraying I went!
Spray, spray, spray!
Here's the seat tube seat stay junction:



Compare that to how it used to look:



Okay, white is not the color I selected.
This is a base coat of Hammerite I'm using as a primer.
Hammerite is good stuff. I have stuff around here I sprayed with Hammerite that haven't rusted despite being out on the porch for like four years:



Hammerite, Flat Tire recommended!



Hello Ms. FedEx!
She got out of her truck and handed me this:



Deore derailleur, 99 cents plus shipping on evil eBay.
The original is on the left.
I'm also trying to find a rear, but the stock one is still in okay shape.
While I was literally waiting for paint to dry, I went to work on the Deore pedals. I had to use some Liquid Wrench to loosen up some bolts to get the cages off.
Not bad, at least they are original:



Then more spray, spray spray!
Huh?
What color did I paint the frame?
I painted it-

1 comment:

John Romeo Alpha said...

I see a red door and I want it painted-