Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Moon Plus Four, Mare Nectaris, Theophilus

I set my phone alarm and woke up at midnight to get these images
The moon is rising later in evening and I have to wait longer for it to get high enough in the sky to take pictures. Although it was about sixy degrees above the horizon, the air quality was not good tonight
Or should I say this morning. Nothing real interesting at the terminator though length of shadows give you a real impression of height and depth:



Apollo 17 landed somewhere around the center of this image:



One more of some interesting stuff



The mare is Mare Nectaris, which is 350km wide. The two craters with the central peaks are on the left, Theophilus, and on the lower right, Picolomini(88km). I took some video of some clouds passing by and set it to music. In the two minutes of video, you can see the Moon begin to move out of the field of view. Double the power and the Moon doesn't stay centered in the eyepiece for long.
Okay, I had some video, but the darned thing does not want to load up.
I'll try again later.

No comments: