Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lunar Phase Project(LPP)

First of all, I don't work with Photoshop to often. About the only thing I get into is cropping stuff and fixing the lighting and contrast.
Remember, I'm not a photo dude, so please excuse my limited skills.
One of the reasons I'm taking all these pictures of the Moon is to document the phases.
Hopefully by the time I'm done, I'll have around twenty eight unique images that I can fool around with.
If you've been following along at home, you know there are still some holes to fill as I have not had the opportunity to get shots every night.
The quality of the images also vary; the atmosphere has to cooperate, and the imager(me) has to get lucky.
Once the photos are archived, I have to go through them one by one and select the ones that I'm going to use.
It ain't easy, let me tell you.
Well, okay, let me show what I got so far.
It isn't much, but it's a start:



That's sort of what I'm shooting for.
I still haven't figured out how I'm going to compose the images.
I mean I don't think I can do all twenty eight on one page, so I was thinking of doing like four compositions of seven layers, each composition showing a quarter phase.
The lighting is sort of a problem too for I shoot at different speeds to get the sharpest image and the Moon's brightness changes according to the phase.
I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that.
There's also the problem of scale.
Anyways, just sort of thought I'd provide a small sample of what I'm working on.
Just so that you, the reader, know that we here at The Flat Tire Mission Control Center(FTMCC) are hard at work.
Not just Mooning around.
I hope my computer doesn't blow up.
Or something.

No comments: