Monday, June 14, 2010

High Noon

Okay not really.
It was close though.
I took a ride around today on Gary, just to see how he did on my regular route.
I gotta tell you, it feels a bit different going back to small wheels. I mean every turn of the cranks just doesn't give you the same feel as big wheels.
Sometimes I feel like I'm pedaling a BMX bike.
Or something.
Gary resting in the shade:



My Icee sitting in the sun:



Two times a year we get what we call a Lahaina Noon. I guess you have to be in the tropics or something for this to happen, but sometime in May and sometime in July, the Sun shines directly overhead.
The next one is scheduled for sometime around July 17, depending on what island you are on.
Well, according to my Icee, we were pretty close today. Probably a couple of ten degrees or so off.
Anyways, when the real Lahaina Noon comes around, I'll go looking for a flagpole or something so that you, the reader, can enjoy this phenomenon too.
So I get home from my ride and I got a couple of things waiting for me in the garage.
I've been a hankering to do some pen and ink drawing; fooling around only see cause I'm not a 2D artist.
Sculpture major don't you know.
Well today, some stuff I ordered came in:





Way back in the olden days, when I was in high school, I liked doing simple pen and ink drawings. Nothing real special, just goofy fooling around stuff. There's something about using a dip pen or nib pen to do drawings.
The pen just seems to communicate with the paper unlike a ball point or pencil.
I'm way out of practice so don't expect to see anything soon.
Well, not anything good anyways.
I leave you with this:
Top view of flagpole @ Lahaina Noon

No comments: