Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just When I Thought It Was Safe

That evil eBay.
I'm telling you.
I think I need a parental blocker of some kind or software to protect me from the evilness.
Or maybe since vacation started, I just have too much time on my hands.
The thing is, I need some stuff for my bike like some tires and other essential stuff.
I guess I'm not a very wise shopper.
I know I comment on things like consumerism and all that. Truth is that I try to make conscious decisions when I purchase items.
Except when it comes to my bike.
Don't know what I'm talking about?
See here.
When I see things for my bike, my brain shuts down, my hands tremble, perspiration beads on my forehead and my eyes get all glassy.
I have no control:



To tell you the truth, after the valve stem caps, nothing I get in the mail surprises me anymore.
Really, at least I didn't order like the complete set of DVDs for something like Mama's Family or something.
I mean at least these cable end caps or whatever you call em actually serve a purpose.
I think.
Prior to ordering these spectacular red anodized versions, my cable ends were bare and frizzy and never gave me a problem.
Like some cyclists though, I heed to the never ending quest to become faster.
We all know, red is the fastest color:



I'm sure tomorrow, I'll break all kinds of personal records as the aerodynamics of these thing help me cut through the wind.
Okay, okay.
Again, the important thing is that I feel faster.
I mean if you can't be fast, at least look fast!
Besides, they match my hubs:



At this point, I think it's interesting to note that while my bike may look nice, I haven't washed my car in like a year and a half.
No really.
My car is so bad, my Dad gave me some Shamwow to sort of motivate me:



Instead, I think I'll cut it up and use it to clean my bike.
Or maybe I should get out and wash my car.
Anything to keep me away from the evilness.
Then again, I just got my tax returns.
I'm not quite sure if that's good or bad.
I mean just when I had thought that I had really gone over the edge, I went over the edge, climbed back up, bought another ticket and stood back in line.
I only have another two hundred and ninety four transactions until I get my new evil eBay star.
Let's see.
What else do I kinda sorta need?

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Some options: red chain, red Oury grips, candy red paint on the derailleur, red pedals, red crank arms, red tires, red cables, red seat, red seatpost, swap out the tube decals for red. Your helmet is red already, right?:)

limom said...

Hmmmmmm.