Thursday, June 24, 2010

Much Ado About Nothing and Something

Things are kinda slow here in Flat Tire Land.
I like it that way.
More on this later.
It's windy and overcast and I was feeling lazy so I stayed in and watched a sleeping dog well, sleep.
Random photo time:


Ala Moana Beach


Abandoned helmet


have a seat


Orange Cream Soda


Magic Island, Ala Moana

Just clearing out the random picture file.
So anyways, about the slow thing, I'm reading through my blog list and came across this cool community thing on Cyclelicious on neighborhood pace cars.
The thing is, now with the bicycle lanes near my home, there are effectively two lanes where there used to be four. Cars can no longer overtake slower drivers unless they use the middle(turning lane) lane or go illegal and use the bike lane on the right.
This pace car idea looked cool so I sent an email to the Kailua Neighborhood Board dude along with a couple of links explaining the idea.
We'll see how this pans out.
Or hopefully fans out.
I'll keep you posted.
One last random photo:


Makapu'u Beach

2 comments:

dogimo said...

I love that top picture, that's gorgeous. Especially the color of the sky...!

limom said...

Thanks!
It was about an hour to sunset; that's a sunset cruise ship going out.
I was trying to catch the sunlight shimmering on the water.
I'm still getting used to having the camera on the manual setting.