Monday, May 2, 2011

Banana Head Proofness

Okay, slowly but surely the parts for the Bike With The Funny Name(BWTFN) are coming together.
Since I can't seem to get that quill stem out, I ordered me a set of these:



This way, I can just use the old bars and get this thing on the road.
I also started to clean up the calipers some and I installed some new pads:



Oh wait.
I still need a saddle.
I guess I can use my old Selle Italia for now.
Speaking of saddles, although I gave the Fizik Arione the Flat Tire Approval, there are some odd things going on.
For one thing, it seems to be very bib short specific.
Meaning it works great with one of my bibs, not so well with the other.
Then again, maybe I'm(my tush) just getting used to it.
Anyways, the other day, I saw some ducks:



What does this have to do with fixting up the BWTFN?
Nothing.
I just thought they looked cool.
Anyways, I hope I get in that seat post this week so that I can start working on the bicycle in earnest.
There's nothing like The Importance of Being Earnest.
The plan is to put it all together and make sure everything works, then take it all apart again and rattle can the frame.
I'll probably hold off doing that until summer break.
Which is in four weeks.
Oh yeah!
Hey banana head! What about the proofness thing?
I am so glad you reminded me!
Well the other day, I decided it was time to bust out my sockness of Bianchiness:



Now I usually wear low cut socks; working on my tan don't you know.
So these high cut socks are saved for cloudy days when they won't affect the tan lines.
I gotta say, I feel like I'm in the peloton when I wear them, they make me feel all professional and all.
If you know what I mean.
Well when I put them on, well, being a banana head, I put them on wrong!
The Bianchiness it seems, goes on the outside:



That's right sock fans!
They are labeled L and R!
Banana head proof!
Perfect.

1 comment:

John Romeo Alpha said...

I hope the feet are also marked L and R so they might be matched up properly with the socks.