Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good News, Bad News

What would you like first?
Well okay, I guess it's not up to you, the reader, so I'll just toss a coin and see where it lands.
Okay, the good news.
First of all, I found out that the frame I bought just maybe the correct size.
Maybe.
I got an email saying that the TT measures out to 50.8, which actually doesn't make sense for the frame I got, in it's smallest size has a 52 TT.
At least it's not a 53, which was the first info I got, so the fact that the frame may be a 49 looks promising.
Maybe.
The other good news is that it's all packed and ready to be shipped.
The bad news is that it looks like it's coming over Parcel Post so it won't get here for at least a month.
Or longer.
Now I've been sitting here for the better part of an hour trying to decide what to do.
Should I fork over more bucks, like around another hundred, to get this thing here in a week?
Or should I take my chances with the USPS and have it shipped over on a slow boat from China.
So to speak.
About the boat I mean.
As much as I'm hot for this frame, I just can't see myself spending another hunski just for shipping when that extra cash can be used for more alloy goodness.
Or some Unobtainable Lightness of Roundness.
Then again, I'm not so sure I haven't just become fixated on getting this thing, so much so that I'm willing to go beyond what I'd normally do.
Then again, I go pretty far.
With the time difference between where this frame is and where I am, I still have a few hours to change my embattled mind.
Should I wait for it, or should I just cancel the whole transaction and start over?
I've been given that option.
To just cancel the whole thing I mean.
Call it a day and just make like finding this frame never happened.
I could just move on and go back to looking at used Cannondales or waiting for that perfect Celeste frame to come along.
To be honest, looking at Bianchis on the eVilness has become sort of an enjoyable ritual for me, I mean you never know what the new day will bring.
Then again, I have a penchant for obtaining what cannot be obtained and since this frame is no longer in production, this chance may not come around again.
Ever.
Should I wait or take a pass?
The other good news is that since this may potentially take like an eternity, I'm going to reveal the identity of the said frame.
I mean I just can't make my readers wait forever can I?
That might be construed as cruel and unusual.
If you know what I mean.
Then again, perhaps the suspense is what you seek.
If I have to wait, then maybe so should you.
This way, I have like a month or so to really build up the suspense, you know, make it unbearable!
I'd have folks begging, pleading, paying me to reveal the Most Desirable Frame in the World, Right Now(MDFW,RN)!
My hit count may go through the roof with folks constantly checking in to see if it arrived yet!
Instead of being buried on page ten of a Googlio search I'd be right there in the front row!
What did I do with that evil laugh thingy?
Just maybe there's an upside to this waiting thing.
Okay, not really.
Here's the frame:



Okay, that's not the frame.
Actually I'd wait until hell froze over if that was the frame I got.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
In my nature don't you know.
This is actually the frame:



Okay, not actually the frame, but a stock photo.
The frame I got should look like that, only smaller.
From what I gather it's a three year old Ciocc in excellent condition crafted out of Dedacciai COM 12.5 which is supposed to be the new ZeroUno.
If I decide to go through with it and if it ever gets here I mean.
Well okay, I've already told the shipper to send it along Parcel Post but I haven't sent over the extra funds.
I may waffle on this yet.
I'm telling you, this may be a really long hot summer.
It already feels like my head is going to explode:

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

I nearly bought a Ciocc frame a few months ago...I actually bid on it but lost out in the last few minutes of the auction. Oh the evilness of EBay.
I must admit if there was ANY doubt over frame/TT size I would not risk my cash. It has to be absolutely spot on or it would annoy me for ever.....

-Trevor

Foolish Risk Taker said...

You have a point there about the frame size.