Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Final

More cleaning.
Also some riding.
I went out today just to get some miles in since I've been really lazy lately.
Okay, not really.
About the lazy part.
Friday I went to the dentist to excavate my tooth since it's been giving me some trouble for the last three months.
I swear he was Dremelizing it for like a half hour with all kinds of grinding and tooth chips and water flying around!
I should have recorded it, but I didn't think of that until it was too late.
My tooth was sort of a problem, every time I drank something cold it felt like someone was stabbing me in the jaw.
Or putting electrodes in my brain.
Or something.
Now it seems to be all good.
Anyways, seen on my ride today:



A sailing canoe!
You don't see many of those around.
Actually the olden days Hawaiians used sailing canoes to voyage around the islands. The sail is sort of traditional looking, though in the olden days it was made of fibres and stuff.
The real voyaging canoes, the ones that have been to Tahiti and stuff, are double hulled, not like this small outrigger.
Well I was feeling sort of good today as I huffed and puffed my way around Kailua. I was able to get in a good thirty one miles.
I've been working the Big Ring a bit, though today is supposed to be an endurance day.
I think I'm getting a bit faster though you can't really tell for it's been really windy here.
I've been blown around on them aero rims, sometimes as much as two or three feet off line!
Crazy!
So anyways, I think I sort of got my stuff under control, at least for now:



Three boxes of stuff as opposed to one big box of stuff. At least now said stuff is easier to find.
I think I should go through them once more and take out some stuff that I for sure am never ever going to use.
If there is anything like that in there.
I mean I'm pretty sure I'll use some of that stuff sometime.
In the future.
Maybe.
I forgot to mention the other box of stuff, which is the new stuff.
That's the stuff I need for the new frame, if it ever gets here:



Okay, that's actually a box in a box.
It was all one box, but I decided to sort of organize it so the stuff from the Dark Side is in it's own box.
Don't want to mix that stuff up and disturb the Force.
I've sort of been thinking about that Dark Side stuff, I mean I don't even own a black jersey or anything.
Most of my jerseys are white, you know, like a good Jedi.
Still, the power of the Dark Side is strong:



Oh yeah baby!
Black and nasty!
Sort of.
Maybe.

7 comments:

statrixbob said...

Yes it has been windy. Mostly I seem to be riding into it. Then I turn around and ride into it on the way back. I'm not sure how that works, but that's how it feels.

John Romeo Alpha said...

Sometimes the trouble with rearranging and reboxing your stuff is remembering where you put it later. I try to label the new boxes in some sort of logical way to remind myself where I put stuff. But, it must be some sort of mathematical reality that any such labeling scheme is doomed to fail.

The Rearranging Ranger said...

statrixbob, Hawaii Kai must be nasty!
Looks better today though.

JRA, I mostly got tired of digging through one box since the stuff you need always seems to make its way to the bottom or some dark corner behind that other stuff that you never touched.
I think it's time to invest in some of those plastic bin thingys.

Anonymous said...

Just don't start making lists of your "inventory" - that's being way too organized when you start doing that!!

dead brain cells said...

I have a mental list, but the reliability of that is questionable.

GreenComotion said...

Is that a shark fin in that water near the sailing canoe?

Peace :)

limom said...

Nah, probably something floating around.
Sharks usually look like small submarines when near the surface.
The big ones anyways.