Thursday, June 2, 2011

Turbo Baby!

Well, this past couple of days out on the bike, I've been Rocking The Big Ring(RTBR) but I got to say, it ain't been easy.
My intervals last only like thirty seconds or so, and my legs burn like they are on fire!
Luckily no thigh or heart explosions yet, but I'm keeping an eyeball out for trouble.
So I was thinking, there's got to be a better way to get more speed on the bicycle.
I mean I could reprogram my computer and make my tires humungasoid but it has GPS too so I don't know if that would work.
I could also put like two magnets on my wheel and be twice as fast, but really, who would believe that.
Off to the internets I went in search of speed.
Well, I found something guaranteed to make me the fastest on the block:



That's righ obnoxious noise fans!
Turbospokes!
If I can't go fast, I can at least sound like I'm going fast!
Someone posted this on Bikeforums and I just couldn't resist.
Here's what's in the box:



All kinds of shiny and noise making goodness!
Just a couple of bolts and a spacer thingy and voila!



Instant simulated speed!
Like I'm rocking on down the road on some 80 cubic inch V-twin or something!
Get the hell outta my way!



Boy, I better be careful about taking early morning rides.
Wouldn't want to wake the neighbors don't you know.
Now I can strike fear into the hearts of women and young children every where I go!
What's that coming down the MUP?
Look out!
I don't need no stinkin' bell!
Loud pipes saves lives.
That's right kid, I'm coming to crush your soul!

7 comments:

Big Oak said...

Ha! That is awesome! That'll really sound great coming down a big hill. Like having your own Harley, without the fumes.

TrevorW�� said...

WOW...! Thats some great sound I love it. I hate to admit it but I want one..! Decision..what bike to fit it to.Ha Ha

muffled in Kailua said...

Big Oak, now I need me some leather chaps.
Perhaps.

Trevor, it will make all your friends jealous!
Maybe.

Ben said...

Excellent for humoring one's self! Fun!

revving up a storm said...

I give the wheels a turn and see if I can make it to the kitchen and back before it stops.

GreenComotion said...

Limom,
That's so cool!
When I was a kid, I may have simulated that kinda sound (perhaps not as loud) with a ballon rubbing against the spokes, if I remember correctly. We used to tie the balloon to the seat stay.

Peace :)

waking up the cows said...

We did the usual card and clothes pin deal, usually front and back for maximum impact.
This thing however, beats it hands down!
Ride report coming soon.
Maybe.