Friday, June 3, 2011

Quest for the Crystal

Sort of.
We've had some thunder showers here this morning, ruining any chance of a ride today so what else to do but explore the webz.
Luckily I managed to get out yesterday, but not before watching Conan the Destroyer on TV.
Okay, I wasn't really watching, more like listening as I was doing some other stuff, but one scene got my attention.
I don't know exactly what Conan the Destroyer is all about but it involved some kind of princess or something who just happened to remind me of someone on Law and Order:



Wow! a really young Olivia D'abo, who plays Detective Goran's nemesis on Criminal Intent.
Seeing as how I was on the computer anyways, I had to look up Olivia D'abo and Law and Order and Conan.
It wasn't really her I was interested in, it was more like what she was holding in her hand.
A crystal.
If you've been following along at home, you, the reader know that I recently got some mondo bling presta valve stem caps which can be seen on the right.
Well, I got crystals on the brain and started searching high and low for all things crystal.
Okay, not all things, but bicycle related things for if someone took the time and effort to stick a crystal in an valve stem cap, well for sure someone else made some other bicycle related crystal bedazzled stuff.
Being stuck inside while it rains will do that to a person, especially if they are anything like me.
Besides, I put some stuff up for sale on the eVilness and boy I can't help but checking on them like every fifteen minutes to see if anyone bid on them.
I swear I've gotta put some kind of parental lock or something on my computer!
Anyways, believe it or not I came really close to purchasing another set of crystal valve stem caps, which I don't need, but I was able to restrain myself at the last second.
It is on my wish list though.
So anyways, back to Olivia D'abo and that crystal and how it affected my brain.
Seems I'm selling myself short when it comes to crystals and bicycles.
I mean if I really wanted to, I could get them actually embedded into the frame:



Now that's pretty darn serious!
I don't know if I could ride that around knowing that hitting some bumps could possibly dislodge some of that blingness!
Besides, going the crystal lugged route probably costs more than the bike itself.
I was looking for something more normal, if you can call it normal, and I ended up finding this:



Lemme tell you, I looked and stared at them bar end plugs for a while.
Okay, more than a while and I kept going back to look at them.
Then I started thinking that maybe that's going too far.
This coming from someone who has crystals on his valve stem caps!
No, crystals on the valve stem caps is going too far!
Then I started thinking that any kind of crystals on the bike is like way over the top!
Still, it was sort of reassuring to know that I'm not the only one.
That there must be other folks out there, stuck in the house because of rain, who search the internets high and low for stupid stuff to put on their bicycles.
Yeah, that muffler thingy was sort of crazy too.

No comments: