Friday, December 24, 2010

A Break in the Action

Is what today is.
It's sort of a day off, with all the bamboo thingys going on and such.
Back into the jungle tomorrow, so today I'm just sitting around, doing nothing.
I wish!
Today was Shirt Off My Back(SOMB) day, the day I put the shirts I'm giving away together.
First off, there's the images, what to choose and for whom.
I mean the image has to sort of match the person.
Then there's the shirt, what color and does it match the image or do I have to find something else that matches better.
I decided this year to go with images from the blog, after all the shirts are sort of blog related, I mean the got The Flat Tire thingy on them:



I thought I was putting it on the right sleeve, but I was actually putting it on the left sleeve cause I forgot that when I'm looking at the shirt, it's like the opposite side.
If you know what I mean.
Here's some of the shirts I did:



Hawaiian sports drink and energy bar.
I'm giving that yellow shirt to my brother in law, he's a fisherman so if he falls off the cliff they can spot him in the water.



That's for my sister in law.
I like that picture of a small flower growing under a chain link fence.
She's sort of girly girly.
My sister in law I mean.



You, the reader, may remember this one from the title shot earlier in the year.
I guess I'm giving this to my father.
Sort of calming and soothing, maybe he'll stop lecturing me.
Then again, maybe he won't.
Stop lecturing me that is.



Then this one is for my brother.
I like it so much I may have to make one for myself.
Boy, let me tell you, slaving over a hot iron was just as bad as slaving over some green bamboo!
So you're asking yourself, why don't I unload, I mean give them some of that pottery stuff I have left over from the Craft Fair Fiasco(CFF)?
To tell you the truth, giving stuff out as gifts, stuff I got just sitting around, seems too easy.
I mean making these shirts, these things take some effort!
When it comes to gifts, I think that's important, that I made the effort to make something, something I don't usually do.
Then again, it's the thought that counts, right?
So Ho Ho Ho!
Off I go!
Time to catch the second half of the Hawaii Bowl!
Hope you all have a pleasant and safe day before the day.
Key word there being safe.
If you know what I mean.

No comments: