Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday Cactus Update!

Well it's time again to check in on the ole cactus farm.
We've been having peculiar weather here as these drops of water have been falling from the sky. Not sure what's been causing it, maybe it's time to check the sky for leaks or something.
Them drops of water can't be all good for the cactus, I may have to think about rounding them up and putting them in the barn.
The water seems to have a funny effect on em:



Normally they'd be out roaming the range and getting all lean and stuff but now they're looking a bit bloated and fat.
I'm noticing some unusual growth spurts, let me tell you, it doesn't look good:



Maybe I should have kept em separated and all, but I wasn't thinking of them getting together like and having strange things happen.
Seems you just can't turn your back on them, not when they're getting all frisky and such!
I hope it doesn't affect them younger cactus, they're just starting out and I wouldn't want then to get no strange ideas.
They've been doing pretty good on their own:



So far no more problems with any other critters messing with them, I guess being all pokey all helps.
Them slow growing pokeys, them Saguaro from down south, they're doing all right. Them southerners got a different way about them, moving a little slower than usual.
I mean we move a bit slow here, but them carnegiea takes things a little too slow!
I think it's time to move them out to a different pasture:



Looks like they're getting a little too big for their britches.
Out behind the barn, the agave thingys been getting used to their new surroundings. I guess it takes a while to get used to the different ways things are round here:



They'll get used to the weather here after a bit so I'm not worried about em.
Too much.
Worried I mean.
The opuntia has got some pokey thingys going again after we had that varmint attack a bit back. It's bounced back nicely, but I'm afraid the injured one is a loss:



I'll need to go down the the cactus auction and see if I can find me another one.
Always better to have two don't you know.
Okay, well thanks for stopping by and checking on the ole farm.
I better be moseying along, it's about time for the cactus to come home.

No comments: