Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Final

Well I didn't feel like doing much today.
I'm saving it all up for winter break don't you know.
I saw this Stumpjumper frame on CL that I was thinking long and hard about, but it didn't have a fork and the dude had scraped all the stickers off and then it started to not look so good.
I mean dammit! I have a bike already!
Okay, I have two bikes dammit!
So I decided to take one of them out for a ride.
The Flat Tire anemometer:



Looks like winds at zero to five miles per hour coming in from the northeast.
A nice day for a ride, except the weather here has been all goofy.
Here's what it looked like over there:



Here's what it looked like over there there:



I was sort of riding around in the middle of there and there:



Luckily I wasn't going too far from here.
I just needed to pick up a thingy at the craft store place and some cheese bread from the food place.
I also wanted to get some shots of this:



That, if you don't recognize it, is progress.
That, didn't used to be there, well there was something there, then there wasn't anything there, now that is there.
More on what's coming up there later.
So anyways this is what the area near The Flat Tire Central looks like when it rains:



If you've been following along at home you know that this are used to be marsh land, in fact most of it still is.
The low lands are prone to flooding which is why we got this levee thingy on the other side of the road over there:



Now if I was where that picture was taken, I could say that the levee went from here to there, but I'm here, so I'll just say that the levee goes from there to there.
Way over there.
So anyways, I was wearing regula kine shoes today and them small pedals just weren't cutting it. I found that when the soles of my shoes get wet, they slip on those old XT open style pedals:



Sort of makes putting the massive amounts of power my legs make to the ground a difficult task.
Besides, the shorter pedals(width wise) and the wider footprint of running/walking shoes just don't match.
So I decided I needed to put my Super Duper Blood Extracting Shoe Grabbing Pedals(SDBESGP) back on:



The used to be on there, but I wanted to be all stock and original so I set them on the side over there and now they're going back on, well, there.
Otherwise known as Easton Flatboys. They have some super grip and the wider platform just feels better and despite the fact that they like to draw blood from my shins, they look cool and don't wait for me to say it:
Image is everything.
Also much better in order to get from here to there and back here with.
Oh, and that thingy I had to pick up from the craft place:



Palette doo-dads for mixing up watercolors.
I'm not a painter and I rarely draw; I just don't enjoy going there.
I am digging those ACEO cards so I thought I'd give it shot and try and do some, might as well since I'm just sitting here.
We'll see how it goes or if it goes anywhere.
Finally, for those readers who stayed on for the whole ride:
There you go.

4 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Do those pedals shred up the soles of your shoes? I have some like it that I haven't used yet. I fear for my soles.

limom said...

I removed the original steel punjis and replaced them with shorter pins that only stick out about an eight inch.
No problem with shoe shred and almost zero sole slip.

TrevorW�� said...

I don't ride with open style pedals at all any more. All my bikes are now fitted with 'clipless' pedals. I know it's restrictive on the shoes that I can wear but I like the feeling of being attached to the bike.

limom said...

I got a set of SPDs I could throw on there, but that would mean wearing shoes all the time which I don't.
Wear shoes all the time I mean.
The only time it gets weird is when pedaling up.
If you know what I mean.