Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Burning Down the House, Giraffeness

I'm a fan of Yehuda Moon.
Eagerly I await each night for the next strip to come out (presently this happens at 10pm HST) so I can see what the Yehuda Moon and Joe King are getting themselves into.
This also makes me a fan of The Kickstand Cyclery, the bicycle shop where Yehuda and Joe used to work.
I say used to, for if you are a fan like me, you know The Kickstand fell victim to a lightning strike and burned to the ground.
What?
You never heard of Yehuda Moon and the Kickstand Cyclery?
Well, I never!
Man, you better get on it!
See the link on the right!
So anyways, the Kickstand burned down and being a fan of fictional entities(ahem) I was pretty sad.
The two fellas had to start peddling their bicycle wares via a bakfiets, which is a sort of cargo bike.
Needless to say, everyday I come to my fictional office I need my fix of this continuing fictional adventure.
Well the dude that makes this all possible, Yehuda, not my office, works hard to keep the strip going.
I mean content doesn't grow on trees and I suppose it takes a lot of time to draw up the panels and get it online in time for his faithful readers.
So a couple of weeks ago, he offered up, as a sort of souvenir, pieces of the old Kickstand.
Sort of a memento of days gone by.
Just the sort of thing I'd be getting if I happened to pass the real Kickstand.
I'm a sucker for this sort of thing:




That's right Yehuda fans, within that plain brown paper wrapping is an actual charred piece of wood from the actual fictional Kickstand Cyclery!
Boy, I can smell the smoke now:



I even got a little original of Yehuda demanding I donate more money:



Well, I donate when I can, the strip gives me some joy so hopefully my small contributions give Rick Smith, the non-fictional man who created Yehuda Moon, some joy too.
Besides, if you've been following along at home, you know that I'm digging the original art.
Now if you are a fan of Steve A. and his blog DFW Point to Point, now's the time to give him something special for Christmas. He mentioned in the comments of my Giraffaholic post that he was looking at giraffe patterned bags.
Well here ya go Steve A., thanks to the folks at Timbuk2 and Bikerumor:



Now you can hold yer head up high (get it? hold your head up high? giraffe? get it? nevermind) and commute in style!
You will be the envy of cyclists everywhere!
Maybe.

No comments: