Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Early Edition

The second day after the day before yesterday.
Wait.
That would be today, right?
Now as far as my lack of success yesterday(see below), let me just say that I'm not discouraged at all.
Okay, sort of.
I mean I did crank out a whole bunch of stuff and well, selling only a few things didn't really help well, sell me on this whole craft fair thing.
The reception I got was though was great!
Overall, a positive experience.
I mean I didn't leave there with my head hanging low or anything and I got a pretty big head.
Wait.
That didn't come out right.
The part about me having a big head I mean.
Actually though, that part is true.
The part about me having a big head I mean.
My Friend Kyle(MFK) the Craft Fair Man(CFM) who from now on shall be known as My Friend Kyle The Craft Fair Man(MFKTCFM), explained to me all the ups and downs of the craft fair experience.
Sometimes you do really well, sometimes not.
As he explained to me, you just gotta try.
While the craft fair thing is not really my cup of tea, I'm willing to have another go at it next year and do a couple of these sales with him.
I have some Flat Tire Secret Craft Fair Weapons(FTSCFW) brewing in The Flat Tire Skunkworks(TFTSW).
Also, seeing as how I got like sixty unsold stuffs in boxes in my gara-, uh, studio, and they're all tagged and ready to go, next time it'll be easier:



I mean I don't want to be giving family and friends pottery for Christmas, Easter, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Thanksgiving for like the next five years.
Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty much set for gifts for like forever!
Okay, not really.
There's a few pieces that will go into The Flat Tire Hall of Fame(TFTHOF), then I'll be listing some stuff up at The Garage, and then there's end of the semester stuff to give to the some of the teachers I work with.
Still, that's a lot of stuff left over.
For maintenant though, it feels pretty good not to have anything on my plate.
Well, I should clean up my wheel and stuff:




The dried clay in the bottom of the splash pan is getting sort of deep!
I do have a couple of more projects in mind, like some goofy mugs, but I'll probably work on them during winter break.
I should get off the couch and do something, but I'm going to watch me some football, eat some Doritos, then hit the road a bit later.
I appreciate all the comments of encouragement, they made my eyes all misty and gave me a warm fuzzy!
Okay, not really.
About my eyes getting all misty.
Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!
I am not ready to give up the ship!
Whatever that means.
Stay tuned for more of the best in interwebs entertainment and education.
I mean I will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Or something.

No comments: