Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Strangeness

First, the not so strange.
Well, just a little.
I got a flat tire.
Flat.
Tire.
Flat Tire.
There, that should help the search engines.
So anyways, I was still using that twelve year old tube in the front tire so I guess it got tired and stopped working.
This is like only the second time I've had to change a road bike tire on the actual road.
Okay, not really.
The part about being on the road I mean.
I was actually at sitting on a concrete bench, looking out over Kailua beach, the same place this was taken:



That's pretty much how it looked today, only less clouds.
Well, I got the tube all changed, used the pump to get things started, then got out the ole bottled air.
The leaky bottled air.
The first cartridge I used, leaked snow all over itself.
The second one leaked too, only not as bad, I managed to get like eighty pounds in there.
So I figured, well, I'll just use the ole pump to top it off!
Wrong!
The pump apparently is not made for high pressure for I blew the hose out.
So I limped over the LBS and borrowed a pump.
I would have taken some pics, but I was in a rush.
Oh, The Flat Tire:



Like you, the reader, have never seen one of those before.
Well here's something I've never seen before:



Let's see, what's missing there?
Some crazy TT bike sans seat post.
The white tab is for the derailleur hanger.
I don't know if I'd feel comfortable going over bumps on that thing.
Then, there's this:



No, not the girl, she looks normal to me.
Check out the bike, the cranks:



I'm not sure what the hell is going on there.
Really.
If you are so inclined to find out, here's the link to Dashbike.
If you watch the video, let me know what it's all about.
I mean I already have a hard time figuring out if I'm coming or going.

4 comments:

Big Oak said...

Well, if you had to change a flat, I would say right where you sat would be the perfect place to change a flat.

I hope you figure out that Dash Bike. I have no idea what's going on there either.

GreenComotion said...

Kailua beach is beautiful!
Peace :)

Steve A said...

I'm with Big Oak. There are MANY worse places to get a flat. The only thing better would have been if you had one of those drinks with the little umbrella in them in your seat bag instead of the worthless pump. I know all about worthless pump, though in my case it turned out to be a worthless operator.

limom said...

Big Oak, I actually flatted about a hundred feet away, but I coaxed it to the look out.
Haven't figured out the Dash bike, but the picture is sort of cool.
Kinda.

Chandra, it would've been nicer if I wasn't struggling with that crazy air thingy.

Steve A., I like your thinking!
I wonder if they make like instant Pina Coladas?
You know, just add water?
Oh and stay tuned, I shall report on the World's Greatest Manual Inflator.
Once I find it.