Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh Yes! We Got Celesteness!

When I got home this evening, I was all giddy with excitement as I spied the packages awaiting my inspection.
Okay, not inspection, more like destruction, as I tear into them with reckless abandon, seeking the cycling upgrades needed to fuel the addiction.
Wait.
I'm not really addicted to this stuff.
It's like fun and all, but really, I can stop at any time.
Any time.
Just say the word.
Really.
So anyways, the 40cm Ritchey Biomax Pros came in, the last chance bars we'll call them.
I mean they have like the shortest reach and smallest drop of all the 26.0 bars I could find.
There are some Dedas out there, but not quite as small.
For a person of small stature and massive quads don't you know.
Oh, and short arms.
The change is actually subtle:



So subtle in fact that they almost look the same as the Pro Logic 42cms!
Except that if you look closely, you can see that the Biomax bars are flared in the drops.
Flared so much that end to end, drop to drop, they are actually a bit wider.
This is good for in the drops, I was almost hitting my elbows with my piston like knees.
Here's what the reach looks like:



Reach is 75mm compared to 85.
Drop is 130 versus 145.
So far so good.
I'll try em out tomorrow:




Boy Mr. Flat Tire, that bar tape looks kinda ghetto.
Well, this is like the third time I'm using it, and there's going to be a fourth.
Stay tuned.
Never fear though!
I have it covered!
Get it? bar tape? covered?
Nevermind.



Genuine, authentic made in Bianchiland celesteness goodness of the bar tapeness.
I think I'm going to put this stuff under my pillow:



Just looking at it gives me a warm fuzzy!
It's not on there yet, for believe it or not, I'm not done yet.
Really?
Well, if you've been following along at home, you, the reader, know that I have more tricks up my sleeve than, well, let's just say I have more tricks up my sleeve.
Hopefully the weather holds and I get in a ride tomorrow.
Now, where did I put that car wax?

8 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

It may be going to far to wrap the entire bike with that stuff. But we would understand if you did.

Steve A said...

SO, what do you do with all this celeste stuff when you sell the bike?

limom said...

JRA, wouldn't that be wonderful?
All wrapped up in puffy celesteness glory, never worried about dings or dents!
So soft.
So supple.
So grippy!

Steve A., now that's some post fodder right there.
Besides getting another Bianchi, the answer should be obvious.
Get another Bianchi!

Anonymous said...

Sob! I still think orange/red tape would have been great. Or, navy blue to match the lettering... But, as long as you have some I guess.. sob, sniff. sob.

limom said...

Now, now, Paddy Anne, I took your suggestion to heart.
The stuff is just not here yet.
Good things, don't you know.
Just not orange things.

RANTWICK said...

Junkie.

weather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
limom said...

At least I ain't jonesin'.
Yet.