Saturday, January 15, 2011

No Target, Oh Oh!

So off I went today to test out them new bars.
They still need more adjustment, but they feel just right size wise.
Not too wide, not too narrow, just right.
That said in my best Aunty Marialani voice.
More on that later.
So anyways, the first thing I come upon are these folks who don't want the Target folks to come to Kailua.
This has been going on for some time now, but only recently has it begun to escalate to folks actually protesting:



Target is doing all it can to alleviate any worries folks might have, but there are the hard core who just don't want to have anything to do big box retailers.
Remember my post on Whole Foods?
Change is a coming and I don't think there's anything anyone can do about it:



Rolling right along, I felt a little more confidant on the hoods. They still feel like they are way out there, but not as far as before:



I was almost locking my elbows with them other bars!
The measurement on The Flat Tire Black Nitro Burner is around 60cm from seat post to bars, and on the Minty Green, it's around 60cm to the tops.
It's another 140mm or so to the hoods.
I guess I just gotta get used to it.
By the way, check the almost dead centering on that picture.
Over at my turnaround point, my new second home is almost ready:



Okay, it's not like my second home, more like my part time job.
It should make things a bit easier for me since dialysis will only be like ten minutes away from home.
Four miles on the bike, but I don't think it'll be a good idea for me to be riding home after my oil change.
Actually, it may not make a real big difference since the place I go to now is like ten minutes from work.
I was sort of hungry so I took a break and got me a snack:



In case you are wondering, menehunes are like mythical short dudes, sort of like Hawaiian leprechauns.
The Nibbits are "bar-b-cue flavor potato curls." I believe it's a local thing; one of my favorite after the beach snacks.
I have to say, riding a road bike feels pretty nice. I mean I could get used to this sort of thing.
So much so, that I did a double take when I saw this:



Up for sale, right now on evil eBay.
The frames in better shape and it's got nine speed Veloce.
I've got it on my Watch List.
Oh oh.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Oh dear.... The Roadie Italian Fever appears to be getting worse.....
I even found myself putting in a bid (on the evil one)for a CIOCC frame. It was gorgeous-new old stock - not a mark on it.
Lucky my bid wasn't enough to secure it as I don't actually want a new bike..!!

limom said...

Boy, I better start checking out evil eBay UK!