Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Final

Very strange.
Okay, maybe not that strange.
For these parts anyways.
Today was overcast with a chance of heavy showers.
Thunder storms even.
So I figured I better hurry and get some miles in before the deluge.
The Flat Tire anemometer:



Winds calm at zero miles per hour.
Okay!
Small water fowl cruising around Flat Tire Land:



The strange thing was that fifty yards from where that image was taken, the road was all wet!
Soaked!



The streets were all puddled up so much so that I considered going back home.
Then, about a mile later, it was like all dry again!
In fact, I didn't hit a wet street for the rest of my ride.
Seems it rained.
On like a little patch of Kailua about one mile long by half a mile wide.
It wasn't a little drizzle either, it looked like hard rain.
Boy, that was a bit goofy!
So anyways, I found a great new cream soda by Waialua Soda Works:



If you've been following along at home, you, the reader, know that I dig my cream sodas.
This new soda is great!
It's lighter in taste than the Jones or Wienhard cream sodas, with a slight taste in it that I can't identify. Made with all natural stuff like cane sugar and all that.
Went great with my all natural cookie.
The new bar position is great, either that or I'm getting used to the reach. I spend most of my time of the tops or the corners anyway.
The stuff I put on this morning takes up some space there, so I'll be looking for a do it all computer soon.
I also adjusted the seat and angled the nose down a bit. The Selle Italia SLK is really flexy so I figured once some weight is put on there it sort of evens out. I also moved the seat up like five millimeters, now it feels a lot better.
I'm not sure I can go back to the Specialized Phenom.
I took this picture a couple of weeks back and was reminded of it on the way home:



Seems we got a new bike rental place here that has some electric bikes. I may have to test one out.
Maybe.
That's sort of strange too for that B-cycle kiosk thingy is supposed to start up here too.
Not sure what happened to those plans.
Speaking of plans, the Celeste Project(CP) is still full steam ahead!
What's the Celeste Project?
Why simply the accumulation of all things celesteness.
Like this:



Okay, maybe not.
That light thingy looks sort of hokey.
Besides, my new seat bag should be here anyday.
Speaking of all things celesteness, here's one that got away.
Okay, not really for I was just sort of thinking about it, not in full acquirement mode:



That Bianchi Veloce I posted about the other day was sold.
For a pretty penny I might add.
The frame looked nice and clean though.
I can only keep toiling and perusing the ole evilness, oh and the UK evilness too, until something else comes up.
For now though, I gotta go wax my bike.
That doesn't seem so strange.
The waxing my bike part I mean.

No comments: