Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Final

Boy, I just wasn't feeling it today.
I mean sometimes you are on, and sometimes, well, you just aren't.
I was floundering in a sea of my own incompetence.
Or something.
It all started on Friday.
I had brilliant idea, came to me while I was taking a shower.
I don't know why, but I get really good ideas when I take a shower.
Maybe I should shower more often.
Wait.
That didn't come out right.
I mean I shower everyday.
Sometimes twice don't you know.
Anyways, I get this idea and I do some sketches and it looks great on paper.
So today I try to execute except I get all off course and start to improvise and make up stuff as I go along.
Which is a good thing.
Except for today, today it was a bad thing.
If I had just stuck to the original plans, I think things would have come out better.
I had a really good plan, really I did, except today I had to go and make all Captain Kirk and go where no man has gone before.
Suddenly, I was out there in no man's land.
Naked.
Exposed.
Or something.
Suddenly my brilliant plans didn't seem so brilliant.
I mean it happens: the static universe, the AMC Pacer, Milli Vanilli, Brian Bosworth, giving arms to the Contras, etc.
I was all over the place, going forward, going backwards, going sidewards, going places I've never gone before.
Oh wait.
I already said I was all Captain Kirk.
Okay, so I started off with the stuff I made below(see below).
It looked like some good stuff so off I went on my ride to think about just exactly what I was going to do.
Actually, when I left, I already knew I was way off course.
Sort of.
So then I come back and start in.
That's when it all started to get all discombobulated.
Nothing seemed to go right.
I just couldn't seem get it in gear!
I was measuring things all wrong and things weren't matching up and I was just making a mess of everything!
Okay Mr. Flat Tire, I know you made something.
Boy, I can't even call it something:



It sort of looks like a Mr. Potato with a hat.
It just needs a nose and those eyes with the bushy eyebrows.
Not quite the look I going for.
See I totally blew off my teapot idea and this is what it got me.
Mr. Potato.
Being held up by golf balls.
So anyways, I kept looking at it and looking at it, hoping something would come to me, some miracle fix that would transform my futility to in fruits.
Nothing.
Zip.
Okay, not really.
Something did come to me, and after adding it on, it's sort of starting to take shape.
Sort of.
Thing is, I won't be able to get back to it until Tuesday.
Maybe something will come to me by then.
Boy, am I playing the Procrastination Blues.
Then again, I did have a pretty nice ride.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Hmmm, I get more xfiles than star trek from this. Maybe it's just the Spirit of Scully communicating to me through your work. She's there, somewhere (IW2B).

limom said...

Mmmmmm.
Scully.
Channeling?
Perhaps.
Thinking about it last night, that thing has epic fail written all over it.