Monday, August 1, 2011

It's the First!

The first day of a brand new month!
The first day of school!
The first day back at work(with actual students milling around)!
What does it mean?
It means I got nothing.
I mean it's the first and all and I really wanted to start this month with the usual Flat Tire First Day of the Month Extravaganza(FTFDOTME!)!, but I came up short.
Okay, actually I started like three different posts, and I suppose you, the reader, will actually read them some time, just not today.
Usually my brain is bubbling, no exploding with ideas about new posts and different things to write about.
I mean it's like I got so many things going on inside, it's a wonder I can walk and chew gum at the same time!
Idea explosions I tell you:



That's my head exploding, but in a good way.
Today though, no matter what I did, or tried to do, I ended up at a dead end.
Or make that a really long hill.
We all know how much I love hills.
I tried, I really did, but coming up with seemingly original stuff is pretty difficult, even if you're stealing stuff.
I mean you gotta paraphrase and rearrange it so that folks don't know you stole the idea and then you gotta dress it up so that it at least sounds like you made it up even though it was ripped off.
That's a lot of creativity right there!
I mean I try to give you, the reader, your money's worth and let's face it, I get nothing and you get something.
That's a pretty good deal.
Well okay, sometimes you get nothing, like this post, but hey! it's free and maybe it saved you from being really bored.
Though when I get bored I usually sit down and write a post about nothing and send it up on this blog.
Except today, I'm not really bored, just sort of empty.
Like I got a dark cloud over my exploding head:



Or maybe I'm really full, so full of ideas that I just don't know where to start!
Yes, that must be it!
I'm just so chocked full of stuff that I don't know where to begin!
Okay, not really.
The jar is empty.
I checked.
So anyways, I just had to get something out there, it being the first and all.
The first day of a brand new month!
The first day of school!
The first day back at work(with actual students milling around)!
Or something.
Or maybe nothing.
Did I mention that it's the first?
Day of the month I mean.

No comments: