Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Final

It was a lovely day out!
Okay, not really.
More on that later.
Still, everyone it seems, was out for a ride.
I saw lot o'bicyclists out there, going this way and a that way, out enjoying the day.
I mean everyone was out, even other two wheeled folks saw reason to hit the road:



What them motorbikers were doing there, I got no clew.
I mean there were about five of em sitting down in the shade and no sign of the others.
There isn't even a watering hole around there, unless you count the supermarket across the street.
Maybe the rest of the fellers were on a cold beverage run.
Anyways, you know it's fall cause football is on the TV.
I don't really watch pro football, though I used to.
Watch it on TV I mean.
A lot.
Like an all day marathon.
Now it's sort of lost it's glamour, I mean playing the for money and all, so I'd rather watch college football.
Which for us folks around these parts, starts next Saturday.
For these folks though, it started a couple of weeks ago:



Every Sunday morning these little guys strap it on and go head to head on the gridiron.
I gotta admit, they are fun to watch even though there's like no passing game.
The quarterback dude, he takes the snap and about five seconds later hands it off to some other dude.
No really.
Five seconds he stands there, trying to decide who gets the ball next.
I think he does it to like fool the defense cause it usually works.
All the kids sort of stand around until finally someone else gets the ball and they all chase him down.
Playing for the love of the game, baby.
They don't get paid.
At least I don't think they do.
Maybe mom and dad line some pockets if they score a touchdown.
So anyways, it started of as a pretty nice day, I was motoring along putting the hurt on myself and taking in the sights.
Then the goofy weather started.
Little drops turned into big drops and I spent most of my ride trying to avoid the rain.
Seems it was always in front of me; I was always riding into it or just missing it.
If you've been following along at home you, the reader know that I make a couple of loops around Kailua and it seems like today the rain was making the loops with me.
Well, not really with me, for I'd see it up ahead but by the time I got there it would be over and when I turned around and headed back, there it was again and by the time I got to where I was going, the sun was back out.
Part of my ride was dry, then part of it was wet, then it was dry again, and then wet again.
By the time I got home, I was all dry, but my bicycle was like all dirty and muddy.
Just like me.
I was dirty and muddy I mean:



Something told me to wear my red jersey today, but at the last moment I changed my mind and went with the white one.
Boy them spots aren't exactly good for the image don't you know.
Riding on wet roads is worser than riding around in the rain for the dirt just sort of sticks to you and dries out.
At least in the rain it's sort of like taking a shower.
If you know what I mean.
Come to think about it, maybe that's what them biker folks were doing, waiting for the streets to dry up.
It's gotta be some kind of pain to clean all that chrome.
Me, I just hosed my bicycle down.
I think it's time to take a look at those clip on fender thingys.
For when the sky can't decide whether it's rain off or rain on.
Today at least, I sort of wished it was mostly on.

No comments: