Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In

This isn't getting easy.
I thought I was on a new path, a cleaner, purer path.
Yes, I came to the fork in the road, and I went the other way.
I distanced myself from the old, and surrounded myself in the new.
Everything was so new and different!
Oh joy!
Still, the old lingered.
I couldn't get away from it, until I purged it from my system.
It's not like I didn't enjoy the old, it was just that this was The New, the wonderful New, the door had opened and I saw the light!
Now, now, they tempt me to go back.
Not that it's a bad thing, and to tell you the truth, I miss it sometimes.
What is it?
What is this thing that tempts me so?
Oh, I just can't resist!
I can't look away!
I.
Must.
Have.
!


BikeRumor

Okay, I'm really digging my White Industries hubs and all; they have a really nice clickity clack.
Campagnolo hubs, I suppose like Fulcrum hubs are good too.
Clickity clack, clickity clack.
I admit it!
I miss my Chris King buzzy buzzy!
Give me the Buzzy Buzzy!
I need my Buzzy Buzzy!
Oh it has nothing to do with the engagement, or the anodized blingness.
Well okay, the anodized blingness is nice and very snappy looking.
It's that sound.
That lovely music of the ring drive and whatever makes that high pitched ziiiiiiiinnnnnggg.
Wheeeeeeeee!
Nope.
Nothing on Earth like it.
See ole Chris, he didn't have hubs fitted out with Campagnolo drives, denying a whole demographic of his jewel like engineering.
Campagnolo hubs, as I said, do make a nice clickity but pale in comparison to that Chris King Buzzy Buzzy.
A dream come true.
The Unobtainable Lightness of Roundness That Sings The Bicycle Electric(ULORTSTBE)!
If Chris King were right here, I'd kiss him on the lips!
Okay, not really.
Well, maybe.
Now to some it may border on sinful, this combination of Italian alloy goodness and Amurcan Buzzy Bling, and some purists may frown their thick black monobrows.
I got one thing to say:
It's Chris Freakin King(CFK)!
Pick a color!
Any color!
Green, white, and red if you like!



Boy I thought I was done with the bicycle stuff, but now, now there's a whole new world of needful things.
You know, the Chris King hub tool, the Chris King special grease, the Chris King jersey, etc.
Oh man! if I could get some celeste hubs that would be like the bee's knees!
Like totally!
That would rock my celeste world!
I'm emailing Chris like right now.
Right now!
When I sold my 29er wheels, I thought it was over.
I thought I was done with the Buzzy Buzzy and the anodized blingness.
Oh yeah.
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

3 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

When it comes to the sounds of the hubs give me the clikety clack over the buzzy buzzy anyday.
There is no way that I would ride a bike in Italy or Spain with the buzzy buzzy......it's clikety clack all the way for me. We will have to differ on this one..!!

-Trevor

John Romeo Alpha said...

We, your readers, request an audio-video side-by-side comparison, clicky vs. buzzy Italiano edition!

limom said...

Trevor, whilst in Spain, they would turn green with envy when they hear the Bicycle Electric.
Man cannot live on Campagnolo alone!
I can't believe I said that.

JRA, I think the new hubs are coming out next year.
Oh boy! I can hear it now!