Monday, January 2, 2012

The Day Before the Day Before

Which is today.
Which means that I go back to work on Wednesday.
Which means that I got only one day left of doing nothing.
Not that I'm doing nothing, but I'm trying my best not to do anything.
If you know what I mean.
Back to today, which was a gorgeous day!
The best day we've had since it stopped snowing last week:



Boy I bet the President ain't too happy about having to leave now.
It was clear and calm, with just a slight breeze, tropical weather for sure.
Even in the dead of winter:



If you squint yer eyeballs, you can see California way out there.
Okay, not really.
Maybe.
Since it was a holiday and all, the traffic was really bad, cars were all lined up looking for parking:



Things can get a bit crowded when it's like this so sometimes it's better to take the lane with the cars and avoid the pedestrians with their surfboards, kayaks, beach chairs, strollers, and coolers who use the bike lane to get to the beach.
Which is to the right in the photo above.
I had to yell "en guarde!" a couple of times to let folks know I was coming up and passing them, even though I was just out for a cruise.
Sub sonic don't you know.
Anyways, getting around by bicycle seemed the way to go today, as these folks found out:



Great start to the new year!
I got one day left to get another ride in, and hopefully the weather holds up.
Then it can rain all day.
Once I go back to work I mean.

No comments: