Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Final

I've got to start training my eyeballs.
I mean you know, when you're riding around at like Super Sonic(SS) speeds, you gotta train your eyes to see things differently.
Most of it is all a blur.
A couple of weeks ago, I passed something in the park, but I went by so fast, I didn't really bother looking too closely.
Then about a week ago, I passed by it again, and like before, kept on going.
Well today, as I was Sub Sonic(SubS), I had a chance to slow down and see what the hell was going on:



Two weeks ago, there was something similar hanging there, between two coconut trees, but in all honesty, it looked to me like one of them reindeer made out of twigs.
You know, the ones with lights and there's one that nods.
Then last week, it looked like the reindeer was eating something as there were two thingys hanging there.
Well this lizard thingy today caught my eyeballs.
A dude named Storekeeper was working with found objects and making some sculptures.
I should have stopped earlier, but before those things were just hanging and there was no one around; today Store was busy working.
He wraps the plant material over wire:



As you can see, he uses different plant stuff to get different effects.
I sort of liked the use of the coconut fronds to make all them pokey things sticking out, and if you squint yer eyeballs, you can see some round looking leaves that look like scales.
Store said he plans to make a set of them and set them up sitting around a table.
I'd like to see it once he gets done:



Anyways, the weather here has been pretty nice, folks were out today taking advantage of the calm winds.
Funny, as I was riding around, the wind didn't feel so calm.
If you know what I mean.
It's sort of unusual as the winter winds are blustery and carry a chill.
Here's a couple of dudes taking doing their thing on the melted snow:



Sort of like water walking, except with some floaty thingys.
Cheaters.

No comments: