Monday, January 23, 2012

LBF

It's so embarrassing.
I'm just like a wahine.
You know, like at the cosmetics counter.
Or like shopping for a dress.
It's like the dress gotta match the bag and the shoes.
Or vice versa.
Well I sort of feel like I got the bag, all I need is the dress.
If the bag were the group set I mean.
Of course the wheels are the shoes.
I swear, I got all sorts of convoluted plans, it ain't funny.
Okay, it's sort of funny if you aren't me.
It's like I'm looking at this, looking at that, maybe the the color isn't right or maybe they don't match the shoes.
Or maybe I should wait until they go on sale.
The one thing I can't do is buy it, wear it with the tags still on and then return it later.
I never got how women can do that.
I mean I wear some pants, it's a done deal!
No way they're going back to the store.
So anyways, this is what started it all:



I been busy perusing some alternatives to my game plan and lo and behold back at the Holy Oracle of Our Mother of All Things Celesteness what should I stumble upon but some carbon fibre goodness!
Now I'm not really all into the carbon fibre thing, I prefer classic lines, but a nice Carbon Celeste Devil is not out of the question.
Well, since I had stooped so low as the even think about carbon fibre, I decided a little dose of decadence couldn't hurt.
Could it?
Well from celeste carbon goodness, it escalated to this:



Unobtainable Carbon Goodness(UCG).
One of those I could afford it, but only to hang on the wall goodness.
I also looked at everything in between.
Okay, I also admit that when I went to the LBS to get them spokes, I poked around for a bit, looking at the year end specials and such and well, the carbon bug sort of bit hard.
So smooth and shiny!
Unobtainable Lightness of Frameness!
So I started to brush up on my carbon fibre intellect.
Made in the Far East they are.
Most of them.
No Far East carbon for me.
It has to be special.
Exclusive.
Lugged.
If you know what I mean.
Cookie cutter monocoque just doesn't cut it.
Get it? cookie cutter? cut it?
Nevermind.
Well it seems that I have a new plan.
What? Boy Mr. Flat Tire, you are worse than a girl!
That's what I said.
I'm just like a wahine.
Every wahine needs that LBD, the Little Black Dress.
The dress that's appropriate for all occasions, still looks classy, and doesn't make you look fat.
You can add a bit o'nastiness to that too.
What color is carbon fibre?
Stay tuned.

5 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

I love carbon fibre...I can't get enough of it.
If you are going to have carbon fibre just spend spend spend.....
get the most expensive frame that you can find and enjoy enjoy enjoy....

Just make sure the carbon fibre is naked. Don't bother with a coloured finish, just show off the carbon in all it's NAKED beauty.

-Trevor

Steve A said...

Y'all need to reread my carbon series...

limom said...

This may take a while...

Scott said...

It has to be special.
Exclusive.
Lugged.
If you know what I mean.
Cookie cutter monocoque just doesn't cut it.


Landshark. John Slawta is doing custom carbon but it's not cheap.

Oh, and Pelizzoli does carbon too.

limom said...

Custom carbon is just crazy!
I got my eyeballs on something already.
Sort of.
I may fall back to plan A.