Sunday, January 1, 2012

No Such Luck, More Bamboo

Boy, I'm kinda sad.
No Presidential sightings for me.
Okay, I didn't try as hard as last year, but still, you'd think I'd at least see a convoy or something.
Well, I did see this:



Some USCG fellows, protecting the canal.
The ducks didn't mind.
I saw a new sign up at the public right of way:




Obamaland is off the right.
No sign of any boats patrolling or anything.
Maybe they got a submarine parked out there.
So anyways, off I went to get in my first miles of the year.
A huffing and a puffing I was since I haven't been riding recently.
What's that up ahead?
Gee that bicycle looks kinda funky!



Bamboo!
Very cool.
Rider/maker Pat said he put it together at a place in New York. Apparently you can order a kit to make it where the carbon tape and resin is supplied.
More images:




Pat wants to try to get the parts together so that he can help others put their own bamboo bicycles together.
Sort of crude, I mean it's not like a Calfee or anything, but hey! he made it himself and that's all the cool it needs.



I was impressed!
Maybe I can make use of some of that bamboo I got over in the gara- uh studio.
Something to look into and hopefully I'll see Pat again, motoring along the bike paths.
Especially since I plan on getting in like a GAGILLION miles this year.
Weather permitting.
Sort of.
Maybe.

2 comments:

Steve A said...

And, of course, getting a gagillion miles in DOES depend on not getting - flat tires.

limom said...

Flat tires, mere bumps in the road of well, the road.