Monday, September 26, 2011

The Celeste Avenger!

Riding streets near and far, he slays hills with a single pedal stroke and keeps the legions of folding bicycles in their place.
Behind him.
Young girls and old women flee in fear when they see his celeste blur flash by.
Leaving a trail of crushed souls in his wake, he rides tirelessly on spreading the word to all who will hear of the Italian alloy goodness!
Who is he?
Where did he come from?
Will he ever leave?
Boy, exhaustion does strange things to a persons mind.
So after all that hill slaying yesterday, I can proudly wear my stupid shirt:



At the rest stops, you also get a sticker commemorating the distance you traveled:



That's right crime show fans!
I am now a member of that show that shall not be named!
Okay, not really.
I do like they way the capitalized on the show's popularity though.
Anyways, I adjusted my front derailleur cable which for some reason had really stretched out.
I guess that's like the most I've ever used it, so maybe it just wasn't used to all that work.
Poor front derailleur.
I'll be using you more often now.
I gotta say, I'm feeling way more confident about taking on them thar hills, I mean my heart rate did redline big time, but over all, I didn't feel that bad.
Okay, that's the post ride delusional fantasy right there.
There were a couple of times where I thought I wouldn't make it, but I just concentrated on keeping the Constant Velocity Thighs pumping, and them peaks were crested.
I mean it would have been pretty embarrassing to just fall over sideways in a huffing and a puffing heap.
Not that I'm above embarrassing myself.
Riding with other folks helped, I mean I pushed myself a little further than I would have and I found myself going where I didn't think I could go.
I helps having someone else pace you and riders behind you pushing.
I mean I'm still slow, just not as slow as I though I was.
Now I'm all psyched up to go out and improve on my slowness and push myself a little harder.
Now if I can just bring myself to start glazing those thingys.
Time is running short:



I've decided to do the Art Deco one first, since I pretty much know what I want.
I'm using the glaze I did on the Industrial Teapot, though I was hesitant to go that route again.
The form just called for it.
I'm also trying out something new, and I'll know how it goes in a couple of days.
Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Hopefully.

No comments: