Last night, I cracked open the kiln and took out the first teabot cause I just had to see if it made it.
I had to use gloves cause it was still freaking hot.
Remember, I am a professional, don't try this at home.
So anyways, the first one made it!
As long as nothing falls off I mean:
I didn't have time to add any accents or goofiness, the clay was really starting to dry out so I had to just finish it up and fire it. I like the spring looking thingy, reminds me of one of those things you stick on your dashboard.
Not my best effort, but I sort of like it.
Now comes the hard part, the dreaded glazing.
I have no idea how I'm going to do the tracks, but I better come up with something cause I put tracks on the other thingy too.
I haven't ruled out the camouflage job using an analogous color theme, either in red or blue or maybe purple.
Then again, I may just give it a conventional glaze job and use my good ole neons again.
I'll work on that tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, I have to pick up my Honolulu Century Ride packet.
Boy, I can't believe it's on Sunday!
I'll probably just do fifty miles so I can come back and work on these things.
I did manage to finish up the second teabot, again that is if nothing falls off:
Instead of all medieval looking it turned out sort of Art Deco-ish.
I just went with the simple solution to finish up the tracks and still get the results I wanted:
Once I take away that center support, I think it will look okay.
I hope to fire this one up on Saturday so that I can start glazing it on Sunday when I get back.
That way, I'll have three kiln days left to fire all that stuff up.
I need an extra day, just in case don't you know.
Time to break out the glazes!