Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Around the Horn pt.II

Into the concrete jungle.
Otherwise known as Waikiki:



More sidewalking here as the traffic going into Waikiki is pretty bad what with all the buses and trolley thingys.
My mission was to get around Diamond Head:



I cut through the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor:




Once you get onto the main road that goes through Waikiki, it's pretty easy going. The streets are wide and not very dangerous.
I managed to get there right on schedule:



I don't come into Waikiki very often, but every time I do it seems something is different.
Most of it is tourist stuff though:



I spied some Italian carbon and bicycle goodness:




That's about as close as I'll ever be to an F1 car.
Pretty awesome:




Crystal blingness:



I was tempted to stop and show them my valve stem caps.
Once you get past the shops, it's the beach walk:



The real Hawaii Five Oh:



The beach was packed, as usual.
Despite the jelly fish warning:



It was around here that I started to feel not so good.
I debated eating something, instead I decided on a snack:



Big mistake.
Part III is next.

No comments: