Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Early Edition

Work continues on the Yellow Devil.
Okay, it's not really the Yellow Devil, I just call it that so you, the reader don't get it confused with the Celeste Devil.
Mostly small details I'm finishing up, besides the bars, but I won't get into that today.
The bars I mean.
More on that later.
Actually the bars are sort of important, for once I get them sorted out, I can trim the cables, which look like some sort of Italian pasta fest:



Okay, that'd be black pasta, but still you get the idea.
If you squint your eyeballs, you can see that I got my new stem in also.
I went with a 70mm Deda with a six degree drop in order to get a bit more rise.
The old Specialized stem was one of those adjustable rise jobs and I had it set to eight degrees.
I do need to get a new top cap though:



The carbon one fits the odd angles of the Specialized stem and I'm not really supposed to use it on there.
There's also the thing about which steering tube spacer I run and what size cap I have to use.
That steering tube spacer was one of the reasons I got another stem. With the Specialized stem there were actually two sleeves in there and it sort of made me nervous.
If you know what I mean.
I've been thinking of ordering one from the folks at Purely Custom, you can get one with a personalized message on it.
I'm still working on something witty.
Anyways, the new cable end crimp thingys came in:



Oh yeah!
Small little bling is the best bling!
I'll bet they make me faster!
Too bad the pedals don't match:



Crank Bros. does make the Egg Beater 11 with gold springs but they cost like a GAGILLION bucks and well, I wouldn't want the Celeste Devil to get jealous.
I've been trading the pedals back and forth between the two bikes, but I got another set on the way.
Besides the bars, the Quest for the Seat Post(QFSP) has begun in earnest.
We all know the Importance of Being Earnest.
More on that later to.
I think I'm finally close to getting both bicycles to where I want them.
Like that's ever going to happen.
Hopefully.
Maybe.

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Cable Crimp thingies in yellow too? You are a match-a-holic :)

That bike looks great!

Peace :)

limom said...

Details, details.
Thanks!