Monday, July 11, 2011

Head Reset!

No way I was sitting around inside today.
I mean the sun was shining, sort of, and the road kept calling my name.
Mr. Flat, Mr. Flat, come out to play!
So with eight tenths of an ankle out I went.
It was a bit uncomfortable at first, but then the ankle warmed up and the shooting pain stopped to a dull jab.
I took it easy at first, riding one cog higher than usual, and climbing the rollers on the route were touch and go.
I guess I picked a good day, for the street sweeper had just passed through one part of my ride, finally moving all that gravel off to the side of the road:



It was sort of weird though as it left a little trail of gravel right in the middle of the path.
These paths need constant upkeep for it's not only gravel, but believe it or not, this road is about a half mile from the ocean and there's still a lot of sand below that grass.
Bad ankle and all, I was feeling really great, great being back out on the road:



Nothing to battle but the wind.
I kept my effort low, not wanting to aggravate anything, doing what I call a fat burner ride.
Low speed, low cardio.
I came home and guess what?



I almost laughed out loud!
I was washing down the bike and cleaning my chain when I noticed a bit of what I though was some grass stuck to my tire.
Turned out it was some pokey stuff and as soon as I brushed it off, thar she blows!
I was just really happy in happened in my garage.
I got my chain all nice and happy when who should come by?
Hello Ms. Postperson!



My other set of pedals came in so now I don't have to keep taking them off and putting them back on.
I also got in my other Garmin sensor:



Now I can track my slowness, I mean deceptive speed on both bicycles.
Boy I gotta say, just getting out there today really reset my head.
Whatever was bothering me yesterday is gone and I feel Tony the Tiger Great!
Must be the endorphines.
I also messed a bit with my position on the bike, it seemed to make a little difference.
More on that later.
I also got in some new shoe cleats, but I'll save that for tomorrow.
There's only two weeks more of freedom for me, so I got to make the best of it.
Stay tuned.

3 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Sweepers. Got to watch out for them. Possible connection to the flat, is all I'm saying.

limom said...

Mr. JRA!
Welcome back from your exile on main street!
The sweeper, you think it's like shedding bristles?

GreenComotion said...

That Garmin stuff can be useful!
Peace :)