Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Final

Well.
Not much of a Sunday here.
I was watching the World Cup soccer thingy and fell asleep.
For FIVE HOURS.
Actually I was planning on taking a nap then heading out on the road, but I was thinking more like a one or two hour nap.
Not a rest of the day nap.
So once I finally got up, Sunday was pretty much done.
Thankfully, Law & Order was on.
I do have some stuff to share.
Though.
Lemme see.
Oh yeah, I changed out my shoe cleats to the regula cleats and they work much better.
My shoes feel more attached to the pedals compared to the Premium cleats.
I'll have to take a look and see why them Premium cleats were so loose; I was going to try and build up the contact area on the sole using this:



Seeing as how the contact patches with Eggbeaters are only about half inch or so and will probably start to wear.
More on the goopy goodness later.
Last night, when I came home, some alloy goodness had been deposited at my door step.
After doing my research, and much hemming and hawing, I ordered me a new set of handlebars, this time I went with the newfangled design.
Watch for The Drops pt. VII, coming to a blog near you.
You, being you, the reader.
I've been wearing some different gloves on my rides, and since the sun is now up and shining like it's supposed to be up and shining, I've been getting a weird tan line, well more like a tan spot on my hand.
My Specialized BG gloves have a velcro closure and it's split a bit at the wrist to ease putting on:



Great except that it creates a hole that lets the sunshine in and that creates a tan spot on my hand.
Very strange.
Having a tan spot on my hand I mean.
So, since I took a sewing class like back in the fourth grade, I got me some polyester thread and a needle and closed that puka up:



Okay, actually I'm going to have another go at it since now it's difficult to put the gloves on.
Maybe I need to close up only half of that seam.
Still, it's better than having a tan spot on my hand.
Bad enough my hands are a shade paler than the rest of my arm.
Finally, I gotta go and get all my stuff that didn't sell at the art fair today.
I didn't go with My Friend Kyle today for I was sort of planning on getting a ride in which never happened because of some unexpected sleepiness(see above).
I guess the good thing of having of having some extra pottery around is that they make great tool holders:



You know for the ones that you use the most.
That, I guess, is a good thing.
Especially since my bicycles seem to be in a constant state of adjustment.
More on that later.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Crank makes "road cycling cleats" which I currently use. They have these rubberized outriggers that give more contact area. I don't know that they are super-effective, but it seems relevant to this post.

limom said...

My MTB shoes have those well, cleats on the outsides that contact the pedal similar to the Crank Bros road cleat thingy.
The problem was the pedal wasn't making contact with the outer rubber part of my shoes; the cleats for some odd reason were too tall and it felt like my shoe was resting only on the clamping rails or the clamping spring.
Very strange.