Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rest Day

You know, to charge up my Constant Velocity Thighs(CVT).
Besides, I had some small things to take care of, things I let go because I've just been lazy.
That and I keep forgetting.
Anyways, a trip to the local drug store(LDS) was in order, to the cosmetics section to be exact.
I felt sort of strange, poking my nose around there, it's sort of like forbidden territory.
Thankfully I didn't have to poke around for long, I knew what I was after:



It just took me a bit to find the cheapest stuff.
I mean it's not like I was gonna use it on myself.
Don't you know.
I gotta say, some of that nail polish is expensive!
Like eight bucks for the same size.
Being a cheap date, my stuff was only like two dollars.
The clear was for my carbon fork:




Next time I'll use some finer grit sandpaper, with 200 you can sort of still see the sanding marks.
The black was for some nicks on my seat stays:




That didn't go so well as I just globbed it on.
At least the metal isn't showing.
I was looking for a yellow to match also, but the yellows all had some glittery stuff in it.
Oh and yes Steve, I did look for celeste, but nothing looked close.
Next time I'll take a piece of celeste bar tape so I can compare the color.
Then finally, the chain catcher.
I had to go and buy another bolt for the supplied one was too large.
It was too long because I couldn't use the spacer thingy that goes on the braze on tab, it's one of those that is attached to the bolt:



It fits on to the tab so that the tightening surface is flat and not half round.
Seeing as how I couldn't use it, I had some hesitation about attaching the chain catcher without it:



I was thinking of fabricating something, but I'm not really equipped for that sort of thing.
SRAM makes one, but it was like fifteen bucks and I figured I wasn't going order one and wait.
As you can see, that chain catcher is on the thick side, I don't want to say crude for it's finished quite well, it's just not done as slick as say one of them Token catchers.
I was considering doing some drillium on it, but it's a rest day and I was too lazy to haul out the drill press.
Here's another view:



Next up, I gotta find me some of that 3M clear protective tape stuff, you know, like the stuff on the chain stays.
I need a roll or two so I can cover the whole frame.
Okay, not really.
About needed two rolls.

2 comments:

Steve A said...

"Chooch!

No steenkin' Celeste needed!

limom said...

I bleed celeste.
Kinda sorta.