Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Final

Oh boy.
Not a good day at all.
For me and for some of the riders in the TdF.
I mean you know it's bad when a car takes out two riders in the lead group!
A car!
It's so beyond stupid I just don't know what to say about it.
Bad enough that during Paris-Roubaix the lead riders got to eat the dust of all the cars and motorcycles in front, now they gotta watch for being hit or run over.
No, not a good thing at all.
Well watching the carnage today on le Tour, sorta put me way behind schedule, but after hearing about what happened I just had to watch the replay.
If you know what I mean.
Eventually though, I got out and tried to make something.
Notice I said tried.
I don't know what exactly is going on, but for some reason I just don't have anything in me.
No funk at all.
Oh, I can go out and make some bowls or something, but to get really into it just isn't happening.



I mean I went out there and stared at the wheel for a bit, put some clay on it, and really nothing significant got done.
This sort of thing usually happens when you've been working a lot and you sort of get burnt out a bit and working with clay sort of becomes a chore but seeing as how I haven't really touched any clay in about four months this really shouldn't be happening.
Yet it is.
Zero inspiration.
Negative even.
Like inspiration that's like less than zero.
Nonspiration.
I guess I have to make up a word for it for I don't know what it is.
I did manage to make a couple of useful things:



Two planters and a sort of vase, something I made but don't like at all.
The vase I mean.
Oh, and I made a round thing:



Sort of round.
I'm telling you it was difficult to concentrate, like I had something else to do or someplace to go.
Or maybe I just didn't want to be doing what I was doing.
I think I need to get out on my bicycle.
Reset my head don't you know.
Anyways, when I was cleaning up I did find this:



Alginate is what the dentist folks use to make molds and such.
We used to use it in sculpture class when plaster casts wouldn't work well.
It's like a gel that hardens, then you just peel it away.
Really cool stuff.
I sort of forgot I had it, but now that I've found it, maybe some good will come from it.
If I can ever get back out on the road.
To reset my head.
Or something.

No comments: