Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Grounded!

Beached.
Okay, well if I was at the beach I would be beached.
I'm more like couched.
Parked.
On the couch.
If you know what I mean.
My ankle is all goofy and I haven't been off the couch in like two days.
It really sucks.
For one thing, the weather has been really nice and thanks to Statrixbob, I got a route I'd like to ride over on the other side of the island near Pearl Harbor.
I've been wanting to get out that way, but it's sort of a mess with the highways and all and I wasn't too sure how to navigate my way around. Now I got GPS mapping thank you very much but I've not only lost my legs, but I've lost an ankle too.
This really sucks.
You don't really know how much you value your mobility until it's taken away and even going to the kitchen is pain in the well, ankle.
I mean I went to get me some Advils and boy, that parking lot was really big!
Bigger than I remembered it, back when I had two ankles.
This whole thing started on Sunday, but I rode on it anyways, so I guess it's partly my fault.
So I shouldn't be complaining so much.
Still.
Mobility rocks, anklelessness sucks.
I need one of them scooter thingys with the elevator seat so I can reach my ramen noodles on the top shelf.
The really bad thing is I want to mess with my handle bars some more but I can't go out to test them.
When a simple thing like walking normally is taken away, it makes you appreciate walking normally all the more.
Cycling too becomes a precious commodity when all of a sudden it's no longer a viable option.
Just think of all the huffing and a puffing I'm missing out on!
I guess there's always Law & Order.
That and the eVilness.
Oh, the eVilness.
Stuck on the couch it seems like every five seconds I'm doing an eVilness search for something I don't really need or even want.
Titanium stem bolts?
Really?
Well okay, maybe.
Oh, and I've been thinking of going with yellow bar tape on the Ciocc. That or yellow hoods.
I guess right now it doesn't really matter since I can't even ride my bicycle.
I'm just stuck here, with my you know what planted to the you know what, staring at the you know what, thinking about what color you know what I should order on the you know what.
If you know what I mean.
The Dog wants to go for a walk and I can't well, walk.
He don't care.
He just needs to get out to do you know what.
Hell, even I have a hard time going you know what.
You, the reader, didn't need to know that though.
I feel like, like, a prisoner in my own home!
Trapped by my ankleless lost legs!
Hopefully I'll find my legs by the time I get my ankle back and all will be good to go.
Maybe tomorrow.
I'll chuck down a handful of Advils and see how I feel.
Must.
Ride.
Bike.
Soon.
Well okay, there's always Law & Order.
At least being grounded on the couch isn't a complete waste.

4 comments:

Oldfool said...

I'm hoping to be struck down by lightning before old age puts me into a wheelchair. I have been put on my butt several times in my life by ankle problems and I am afraid I did not behave well. More like cranky to the point of people wanting to kill me. Sort of a chained demon being poked with a sharp stick. Not pretty.

Seriously, a rushed bad ankle takes a lot longer to heal.

limom said...

I hear you on this.
Reminds me of why I got MTB shoes.
I like walking.
The ankle is already better, but I am cautious.

GreenComotion said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Peace :)

limom said...

Thanks!